2 pairs of 6.5s.....put the better ones in the front or in the back? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 pairs of 6.5s.....put the better ones in the front or in the back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 pairs of 6.5s.....put the better ones in the front or in the back?

Ok, Im getting a pair of Clarion SRR1623's and probably a pair of Alpine SPS1629S's. The reason for two different pairs is cause Im trading a head unit for the Clarions and Im buying the Alpines.

I will be putting them in the 4 stock locations. I currently have the 4 stock speakers in there. I will be running them off of the stock head unit because I do not want an aftermarket one. (Im wierd like that, dont bug me about it! :D )

What I want to know is which pair of speakers would sound better in which location? Also, any other suggestions for 6.5 speakers that Circuit City sells? (gift certificate)

Thanks!
    *Knight*
    <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/adamon6thstreet\" target=\"_blank\">1996 Firechicken</a><br /><b>15.19@91.61</b><br /><i>It Rocks Your Panties</i><p>Daily Driver: <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/pimpnon6thstreet\" target=\"_blank\">1990 Pontiac Trans Sport SE</a><br />Most recent mod: Mounted an Evan on the dashboard.

the clarions are really clear, i would put them up in the front, you hear those more than the back speakers. i know you don't have the stock amp, so i know all of your speakers are equal, but the front ones are technically closer to you and you'll probably hear them more. just my suggestion.
    2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

Put the better speakers up front! The clarion's will probably be better than the Alpine's. JMHO. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
      <b><i>1999 Pewter Trans Am M6 - Stock for now...<br />296.6 RWHP and 310.6 RWTQ</i></b> -<i>SOLD</i><p><i>\"There are vast amounts of money to be made in the sevice of the Lord!\"</i><br /><i>1994 Green Camaro M5 - <b>SOLD</b></i><p><br /><b><i>Associate of VENOM-VI</i></b>

Comment

what size speakers are in the front and back of the 3.4 94?
        94 3.4L A4 white t-tops<br />moroso cai<br />3\"hi-flow pacestter exhaust<br />b&m shift kit<br />catco cat<br />01 T/A rear w/ 3.73\'s and posi<br />1 pc aluminum ds<br />blacked out signals

Comment

6.5 in front and rear all years.
          Check out my car @ <a href=\"http://www.grodzmotorsports.com:8080/camaro2.html\" target=\"_blank\">www.grodzmotorsports.com:8080/camaro2.html</a> <br /><br />It\'s not what you make, it\'s what you spend! <br /><br />1994 Chevy Camaro 3.4, m5, t-tops, silver exterior, gray interior.<br /><br />Many modz! check out the site for details!

Comment

If you just going to have those 4 speakers then put the better ones in the rear. Then you should fade a little more the rear speakers. The bass would deffinitely sound better if you did that. Thats just my opinion.
            <b>Black 1996 3.8L Firebird A4</b><br />--------------------------<br />Custom CAI, Flowmaster Dual Exhaust, 160 Deg Thermo, BMR ShockTower Brace<br />JVC mp3 HU, two 12\" Infinity Kappa Perfects, Infinity 6.5\" components, JBL 600.1 & 80.4 amps <br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/album/479229363CPbPiz\" target=\"_blank\">Pics</a>

Comment

I would suggest putting the better speakers up front. Most guys with component speakers don't even use the sail panel speakers for example. You don't want a lot of mids and highs coming from behind you. A classic example is when you go to a concert, is the stage in front of you or behind you? In front, naturally. That's how I would do it. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X