tweeters in the door question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tweeters in the door question

i am going to be ordering a pair of infinity kappa 6-1/2" components soon for my firebird. i've seen some guys that have put the tweeters on the inside part of where there side mirrors are. is that going to sound that much better than it would in the stock location in the door? i think it looks a lot better in the door where the stock components are now. just wondering
    mcG<br />aim=endlive<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/endlive\" target=\"_blank\">97 firebird</a> ~ wrecked

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mcG:
    i am going to be ordering a pair of infinity kappa 6-1/2" components soon for my firebird. i've seen some guys that have put the tweeters on the inside part of where there side mirrors are. is that going to sound that much better than it would in the stock location in the door? i think it looks a lot better in the door where the stock components are now. just wondering<hr></blockquote>

if you put the tweets up there the speaker becomes out of phase with the woofer, have them as close as possible, no more than 6"'s away from the woofer, so stay with the stock.

-Steve

Comment

I have the Component Kit up front and the tweeters are opposite my rear view mirrors (on the triangle piece), and they sound great there. There is a tad too much treble coming from the tweeters, but it isn't too much to bug me or distort the sound output. In the rear, I installed components, but like previousle said, I put the tweeter about 3" from my mid-bass speaker. It sounds just as good.
      -Marc
      sigpic

Comment

I've gotta disagree with Steve a little here. The higher you raise the speakers the less you have to worry about the signal bouncing or haveing to go through your legs before it reaches your ears. In a perfect world you would be able to mount both your mids and highs in a position equidistant from your head with all four speakers pointed at your ears.

Of course, this isn't a perfect world. If you can raise the speakers up you'll raise your soundstage which is to say that the best level of sound reproduction will be closer to your ears. As our cars are set up now, if you were to install speakers in factory postions the soundstage is somewhere around our kneecaps. ::Shrugs:: oh well. But I don't think if you mounted the speakers that far apart that you would have to worry about them being out of phase.

If you have a really good sound shop in your home town, and your deck and crossovers and such allow it, you can usually have a proffessional mess with the signal strength and such to balance out the phase so that all speakers will fire at the same time and your sound reproduction won't be all messed up. Good luck on the install, and if you've got a few hundred more lying around you might want to consider custom kick panels.

Ryan
        1997 Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Camaro RS A4<br /><br />Mods:<br />Aluminum Driveshaft, Z-style hood, headers, B&B Cat Back, fan switch, BMR Suspension, Silver Gauges w/blue interior lights, Clear Corners and Sidemarkers, Power antenna, 18\"x9\" OZ Superleggera Wheels

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X