anyone have plans for a stealth box.. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone have plans for a stealth box..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone have plans for a stealth box..

I am going to build my own to fit a 10 in.. auctually I already have a JL 10 sitting in a truck box on my back deck but I want to go ahead and build a stealth box for the driver side.. anyone built one and written up some plans with measurements??
    -Brad
    98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
    2000 V-Star Custom 1100
    If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
    :rock:

Why not just buy one? I got mine for $75 brand new at a local stero shop!

It is very hard to make a box like that, you'll need some fiberglassing skils. MDF would be near impossible in the driver's side cubby hole, there are simply too many curves.
    <b><i>1999 Pewter Trans Am M6 - Stock for now...<br />296.6 RWHP and 310.6 RWTQ</i></b> -<i>SOLD</i><p><i>\"There are vast amounts of money to be made in the sevice of the Lord!\"</i><br /><i>1994 Green Camaro M5 - <b>SOLD</b></i><p><br /><b><i>Associate of VENOM-VI</i></b>

Comment

I have one- the JL 10w3, put a good 200 on it and itll be the cleanest sound around. Of course if u want real good bass u have to hit off the glass.
      <b> \'95 Camaro 3.4L A4 <i>Rikku</i><br />AutoX - Drift - Street </b><br />\"Sideways is faster.\"

Comment

well I honestly don't know what model the JL is because I bought it off a friend originally to go in my jimmy. got around to putting it in the bird sometime back... honestly I need to upgrade to a newer 10.. it just has a hard time handling the power my amp puts out. in fact I keep the amp turned down..

as far as making a box out of fiberglass that's really not a problem.. it's really not that tough to work with IMHO.. I wanted to try to make one out of plywood though.. espicially since I have an almost whole sheet sitting in the garage right now and nothing else to do with it.. (local lumber yard would only sell me a 4x8 sheet and they were the only ones left open when I needed it.. :rolleyes:
        -Brad
        2000 V-Star Custom 1100

Comment

ok.. new question where can I order a JL stealth box?? want to do some shopping around but can't seem to find one..
          did a search .. found other people asking the same question but their question was never really answered..

please help..
          -Brad
          2000 V-Star Custom 1100

Comment

If you wouldn't mind taking out the spare and jack, you could get a passenger stealth from me. I make them, but only the passenger side ones. Read this if you want to see how mine stack up against the mtx box.

http://web.camaross.com/bb/Forum4/HTML/006506.html

Steve
            www.subthump.com

Comment

I appreciate the info man.. I have checked out your site before.. but I want to keep my jack and spare..
              -Brad
              2000 V-Star Custom 1100

Comment

JL sells the 10 w3 in the box that goes on the left side and its not bad but, with my experience with them you can hear the bass kicking to one side. i have 2 10 w3s with a 300/2 JL amp (bridged) and that setup hits so hard that i can hear anything but the damn stero even with the t-tops off!!! the box i have is the JL power wedge. i was going to get the 12" but the trunk wouldnt shut... any way i have about 1600 dollars into the stero alone but it is worth every penny of it cause there isnt anything worse that a damn harley going down the road and you missing the best part of a song... :)
                1997 3.8 Red Firebird<br />RKSport 2\" racing springs,TA Rims,<br />Dual Out Magna Flow Exaust/2.5\" Exauhst cut-out (loud),<br />2-10\" JL W-3\'s, 300/2 JL AMP<br />1 Farad Rockford Fosgate Capasitor,<br />B&M Shift Improvment Mod,<br />SLP Cold Air Intake, MSD 8.5mm Wires, Bosh Plats, 160 deg thermo<br /> in the mail:<br />Zexel Torsen Posi Unit, 3.23 (for now)& new transmission.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X