need some help plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some help plz

today i just got some new 6.5"s in the mail (yes, ryan, they are yours, thx) and i'm looking to hook them up in my doors, but the door speakers have 4 wires going to them and these new speakers only have 2 connection points. so my question is this: how do i connect the 4 wires to the speaker with only 2 connections? do i need to splice the 4 wires together to get 2 wires? if so, which wires do i splice and which connector to i connect which too? heh, i'm really confused, but i know it can't be that complicated and i'm not going to get someone to charge me $30 to do it in 5 minutes. thx guys.
    2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

You cannot connect aftermarket speakers to the stock amp. Unless there is adapter for it....... I/m pretty sure the adapter is only for a different HU.
    <b><i>1999 Pewter Trans Am M6 - Stock for now...<br />296.6 RWHP and 310.6 RWTQ</i></b> -<i>SOLD</i><p><i>\"There are vast amounts of money to be made in the sevice of the Lord!\"</i><br /><i>1994 Green Camaro M5 - <b>SOLD</b></i><p><br /><b><i>Associate of VENOM-VI</i></b>

Comment

hmmm... actually, as long as you're not using a Bose speaker system and you're using Monsoon (98+) sound system, you "should" be able to replace just the speakers. In that case, the wires you're looking for are green and orange on the right side and light blue and dark blue on the left. (I'm not sure of which is which for polarity. Sorry.) If you have replaced the head unit already, you're best off to just run wires from the head unit to the new speakers. That will make your life much better.

HTH
      Mike
      Mike<br />\'99 Z28 LS1 (383 in the works) M6<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/\" target=\"_blank\">stereo pics</a> Almost sold, the amps are still for sale - make an offer.<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/paypal.html\" target=\"_blank\">Help Mike pay for his engine. Every dollar helps!</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X