Monsoon Tape HU +CD changer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monsoon Tape HU +CD changer

Currently, my '99 Camaro has a Monsoon CD HU. For some reason, the lights keep blowing out on it (the time/station screen works, but the button lights blow- I've had it fixed twice).

Anyway, I have found the wiring harness (thanks to previous posts) for the CD changer, and have decided to fix the problem by purchasing a Monsoon tape HU on eBay and then find the 12 disc CD changer. My question is, will a tape HU control the CD changer? I ask because I notice the button that would seem to control the changer is labeled "TAPE AUX" (from the pictures I've seen of these units).

How does that work? I'm guessing if you have a tape inserted pressing that button starts the tape- but if no tape is present, it controls the changer? Also, do I need to stay within a particular year range for the tape HU (I know the CD HUs have to be late '99 or newer to control the changer).

Thanks for any input- sorry if this subject has been covered before, I did try to search before posting.

Hey man, I've got a 99 Camaro. Tape Headunit, and 12 Disc CD Changer in the back. No problems with here. Put a tape in and it automatically plays, hit TAPE/AUX and it will switch to the CD Changer. To get back to the radio, I believe you gotta eject the tape. Without the tape, you still have to hit the TAPE/AUX button to switch to the CD Changer. Simple as that, I don't see any problems for ya.
    Sorry, but I don't know about any issues based on the year of the electronics, but my changer came from ebay.
    ~Chris<br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836</a> <br /><br />†…faith…hope

Comment

Thanks! Well, off to eBay I go then...

:D

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
        New Owner!
        by LETZRIDE
        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
        4 days ago
      • ssms5411
        Little work today
        by ssms5411
        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
        2 weeks ago
      • LETZRIDE
        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X