replacing speakers..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacing speakers..

Hi, I have a 94 camaro with 2 front bose speakers and the rear sub/speaker whatever you call it in the hatch. I went to best buy and had them install an aftermarket head unit with some adapter that was 40$... Well it sounded good for a couple of days until my front driver side speaker blew out. Now the whole thing sounds bad ofcourse, and I hear alot of background noise. Can I just buy kenwoods and have them install it normally, or because it was originally a bose system, is that going to be a problem. If not, how much is a replacement speaker going to cost me?

My last option would be to have all new wiring put in, thus I would wire speakers in the two empty rear cages and then I would probably want to make it "ready" for a sub and amp went I get extra money. How much is all re-wiring going to cost me? or how difficult is it etc.. My friend said he "thinks" he could do it but not sure about how to get the amp power cord past the firewall. I know nothing, so just wondering what I can do.
    1994 Camaro 3.4L Auto Maroon<br /><a href=\"http://userpages.umbc.edu/~panic1/pics.htm\" target=\"_blank\">http://userpages.umbc.edu/~panic1/pics.htm</a>

As far as getting the power wire passed the firewall, if you remove the PCM (easy, 2 bolts) you can get to a rubber grommit that comes through behind the glovebox. If you remove the glove box, you can see it. It will accepted up to 1/0 gauge wire, so you will be fine. If one of your front speakers blew, yes just buy new ones! Your car is very easy to re-wire. While your at it, replace all 4 of your speakers with aftermaket ones. It'll sound much cleaner and louder. Buy a 4 channel amp to power them all and you'll be good to go!
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X