Amplifier help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amplifier help please!

i Just bought a Lanzar 600W amp which was probably a bad move...day after installation the wire under my hood melted and blew the fuse going to the battery..the amp fuse was fine and all..i fixed the wire problem and got a new fuse for the front end...now wen i put my sound on the amp power light goes on yet does nothing..is my amp blown? defective?

Please help me Im dyin over here :( :rolleyes:
    1998 3.8L Camaro<br />Whisper Ram Air and Lid<br />4 New internals 1-10\" sub 700W amp<br />Flowmaster 80 series<br />17\" Eagle 077s

sometimes amps have internal fuses that blow, you might want to try to open it and see if this particular amp has an internal fuse.

Or if the circut board has any black spots on it, if it does then its toast.
    My car has GPS trackin\',traffic alert,its own phone #,PS2,screens. And What da H3ll,When I Turn da key it says \"You\'ve got mail\"..... <br />I swear and promise.. I\'ve had more cars then Charlie Thomas.. bounces in a Monte\' that hopped.. Pimped old skoo Blazer on Chopz, Today Its a Camaro at all da plya spots.

Comment

I agree. If your amp stopped working because of that there is either going to be an internal fuse blown or the amp is fried. I know that would suck but hey it happens to the best of us.

Comment

Not if you use JL's
        Slp Hood, Raised Airbox, K&N Airfilter, 80 Series Flowmaster, Chrome 3in slash cut tips, 2% Limo Tint,Panasonic Head Unit, JL 6.5\'s in the doors, JL tweeters on the dash. Kick panels with JL 5.25 csi componet set. 2 JL12W3\'s in a probox. A JL 300/2 amp for the mids and high\'s, and a JL 500/1 for the BOTTOM. Xstatic Batcap 400(=200 farad). 18x8.5 chrome Zenetti Vegas, 245/40ZR18 Avon ZZ1\'s all the way around.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 2000 Silver Bullet:
          Not if you use JL's<hr></blockquote>

They should have a fuse sticking out of the back of them. I had an older 1000/1 JL amp and it had it..

As far as the amp problem, which part of the wire melted? was it the part between the battery and the fuse, or was it the part between the amp and the fuse?
          1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

older jl 1000/1??? it just came out a year ago?!?!
            2005 Cavalier LS Sport M5<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 98Camary:
              now wen i put my sound on the amp power light goes on yet does nothing..is my amp blown? defective?<hr></blockquote> Is the amp in protection mode?
              Red 96' A4 Firebird
              Audio Audio and Autotek
              Check it out here!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X