My new system(whenever I get it finished) - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new system(whenever I get it finished)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new system(whenever I get it finished)

Ok, heres a link to pics of my box for 4 12" Kicker L7 Solo Barics. The box is wood and fiberglass, covered in bondo and primered so vinyl will stick to it. The bottom is molded to the exact shape of the rear of the car. I dread putting the 2 together. I have to do it with it in the back of my car, gotta be careful not to make a mess. I'm going to make my rear seat into the amp rack. I have 4 XS2500 Phoenix Gold Amps to push them along with a 10 farad Power Grid cap from Phoenix Gold. I still need to get a high output alternator, and alot of other little things. Maybe, I'll have it all in by the end of summer. I doubt it though [img]smile.gif[/img]

Heres the pageSub Box
    1999 Silverado- Bagged, colormatched and rollin on stock chrome 16\'s<br />Make love not war, hell do both, get married

[img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Great looking box, I hope that you drive with ear plugs. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Comment

did you do that yourself or have someone else do it for you? It looks pretty sweet...It looks like that box takes up the whole rear area, so uh..where are you going to put your amps?
      1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

I had a friend of mine start the box. I did alot of the bondo work on the top and the fiberglass on the bottom. I had a friend touch up the top. I hate working with fiberglass and bondo. Yeah, the box goes almost right to the back of the rear seats. I plan on putting the amps in the back of the seat. I'm going to have to get creative because not everything is going to fit. The 4 amps will, and leave room in the middle for something. Probably my x over in that area. I'll have to put the Powergrid somewhere else, where I have no idea. I'll think of something. Thanks for the comments.

John
        1999 Silverado- Bagged, colormatched and rollin on stock chrome 16\'s<br />Make love not war, hell do both, get married

Comment

Are you talking about putting the amps in the seat itself? Be careful with that, unless no one will be sitting in the back.. you might want to try pulling out the trim pieces in the rear and fiberglassing the amps into the side. Its a lot of work, but will yield better results.
          1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

No one sits in the back. I'm still undecided on what to do. Anyway I look at it, it's going to be alot of work. I'll just have to make up my mind when I get to that part. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X