NEED HELP BAD!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED HELP BAD!!

I BOUGHT A NEW AMP FOR MY CAR AND IM STILL RUNNING MY STOCK HEAD UNIT... MY OLD AMP I DIDNT NEED RCA'S FOR THE INPUT SIDE CAUSE IT HAD WHERE I COULD JUST RUN SPEAKER WIRES FOR THE INPUT. BUT THIS NEW AMP I HAVE TO HAVE RCA'S. IS THERE ANYWAY TO RIG THIS UP WITH SPEAKER WIRE??
    1998 f-body 3800II<br />cayenne red<br />chrome stock 5 stars<br />rear blackouts<br />lil bit of sound

If I were you I would buy a new head unit! The stock one is okay, but a new unit with MP3 has so many more options.
    EZD<br />1996 Camaro <br />K&N FIPK<br />Borla 3\" Exhaust<br />Dynomax 3\" Cat<br />Panasonic Ghost CD Player

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 98V6inhouston:
      I BOUGHT A NEW AMP FOR MY CAR AND IM STILL RUNNING MY STOCK HEAD UNIT... MY OLD AMP I DIDNT NEED RCA'S FOR THE INPUT SIDE CAUSE IT HAD WHERE I COULD JUST RUN SPEAKER WIRES FOR THE INPUT. BUT THIS NEW AMP I HAVE TO HAVE RCA'S. IS THERE ANYWAY TO RIG THIS UP WITH SPEAKER WIRE??<hr></blockquote>

I once bought speaker wire-to-RCA jack conversions over ar Radio Shack. This was over 7 years ago, so I'm not sure they even have them anymore. Give em' a call and ask. They should be very inexpensive to get if they still carry them.

-Marc
      sigpic

Comment

you need an OEM-1. Just go to a stereo shop and ask for a line level convertor. If I remember correctly they are about $40.00. Circuit city and crappy places like that should have them.

You are going to need to use RCA's, and a line level adaptor will make it so that you can get RCA's out of your factory deck.
        1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

yeah, u can do a RCA-Speaker wire plugs. They are called specificly Bannana Plugs. But The reason I dont recomned doing this - even though I did. The signal that gets sent to the amp is very dirty, RCAs run on voltage not on wattage. That is the man reason, it can all be converted but the overal affect is that it is damaging to ur amp. So I dont recommend it but u can get bannana plugs if u wanna kill ur amp =)
          97 Special Edition Bird , Short bus stlye special

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X