How to fix tach being off from cluster swap??? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to fix tach being off from cluster swap???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to fix tach being off from cluster swap???

I have a 98 3.8 and put a z28 cluster in, I saw in the archives talk of being able to fix the tach problem, but wasnt able to really find an answer, can someone help?
    Msd wires,Summit coils,Cuctom CIA&longtubes 2.5inch w/side exit,Cam,Heads & Intake,30# injectors,reprogrammed computer,3400 edge Converter, 3.73\'s&LSD,Edlebrock torque arm, SLP LCA\'s,Jegs panhard bar,16 inch nittos Best ET 14.374 @94 <br />Best 60\' 1.91

I have been trying to squeeze out that answer for a while. I have seen a module made by dakota digital that says it cures that problem, but I also read that you only need to solder in a resister.... or capacitor... or something. (I can't remember) If this is true..... I wanna know details!!!
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

I emailed dakota digital and they have a part that is $80 I would also like to do this cheaper
      Msd wires,Summit coils,Cuctom CIA&longtubes 2.5inch w/side exit,Cam,Heads & Intake,30# injectors,reprogrammed computer,3400 edge Converter, 3.73\'s&LSD,Edlebrock torque arm, SLP LCA\'s,Jegs panhard bar,16 inch nittos Best ET 14.374 @94 <br />Best 60\' 1.91

Comment

Apparently theres a transistor to either solder on or remove......sorry i cant help you much beyond that. People have told me thats how they've done it though.

zack

Comment

I thought there was something more to it than that. Something with the V8 cluster expecting 8 pulses per revolution rather than the 6 it gets from the V6, or something along those lines. Is your tach off by about 25%?

Comment

I'm instreaded in switched my 120 speedo for a 150....how hard was it to do....will the odometer reflect the new cluster and are any of your gages off or is it just the tack?
            <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/marky82\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/marky82</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Marky82:
              I'm instreaded in switched my 120 speedo for a 150....how hard was it to do....will the odometer reflect the new cluster and are any of your gages off or is it just the tack?<hr></blockquote>

the odometer is in the cars PCM...wont effect that at all...

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
              05' CTS-V
              00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by nikon:

the odometer is in the cars PCM...wont effect that at all...
                <hr></blockquote>

Unless you don't have the digital odometer.... like myself.... :( but it can be changed legally at a shop.
                Red 96' A4 Firebird
                Audio Audio and Autotek
                Check it out here!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X