head unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• head unit

I think my head unit is starting to have problems so i'm looking for a new one. What kind of HU do you guys have? I'm looking for one that will play mp3s that way i can fit ~500 songs on 1 cd. That would be wonderful! [img]smile.gif[/img] . Also, I want it to display the title of the track on the HU. Any suggestions? Price range of ~250
    <a href=\"http://www.xbox3604free.com/default.aspx?r=381546\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.xbox3604free.com/default.aspx?r=381546</a>

What's up Acid? Haven't seen you around lately. I recommend the Alpine CDA-7894. With 4-channel time correction, it can't be beat for the price.
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

Go with Alpine. 7894 is good, but I think its the 7895 thats the silver one, its much nicer.

Kenwood has some nice mp3 HU's but IMO they are too complicated and not very user friendly..
      1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

i got my touchscreen panasonic HU from ikesound.com for 195$ and love it

Comment

I've been looking at that Alpine HU for a while, but I have a friend who has the Kenwood KDC-MPV522 i think. I love his. I'm torn [img]smile.gif[/img]
          <a href=\"http://www.xbox3604free.com/default.aspx?r=381546\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.xbox3604free.com/default.aspx?r=381546</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 96firebird311:
            I recommend the Alpine CDA-7894. With 4-channel time correction, it can't be beat for the price.<hr></blockquote>

:D
            Red 96' A4 Firebird
            Audio Audio and Autotek
            Check it out here!

Comment

Alpine CDA- 7893! ! ! !

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by naptown:
                Alpine CDA- 7893! ! ! !<hr></blockquote> He wants MP3 capability. You have to step up to the 94 for that.
                Red 96' A4 Firebird
                Audio Audio and Autotek
                Check it out here!

Comment

Oh didnt see that he wanted mp3 [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dunce.gif[/img]

Comment

The panasonics that are in the $200-300 price range aren't too shabby. I got one for $200. Although their screens are the brightest *** blue I have ever seen. Thank god for dimmers.
                    \"Objects in mirror no longer matter\"

Comment

Hi guys. I've been running Alpine HU's for nine years now.

Lately, I've been running into a pretty serious issue with their build quality. If the alignment between the HU and its sleeve is even slightly off, then the CD loading mechanism can get jammed. The downward pressure that gets exerted on the deck causes the loading assembly to warp.

You end up with a defective head unit like this: link

The "Service Notice #107" comes from the Alpine's subcontracted warranty repair shop and it warns the installer about how delicate the Alpine deck is. I've never had any issues like this before the past few model years.

If Alpine's products are that fragile, I'm not impressed. Crap like that is making me less and less impressed with Alpine. With comparable models from Eclipse and Clarion, I'm becoming less eager to recommend them to new buyers. Personally, I think I've bought my last Alpine product.

If you go with an Alpine, be careful when you install it.
                      ╓<br />║ Matt M<br />║ <a href=\"http://home.austin.rr.com/morrism/3800/sunset_logo2.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Down with the Sixxness</a> <br />║ Polo Green 1995 3.8 Camaro<br />║ intake, cat, catback, shocks, 3.42\'s, and 12\'s in the trunk<br />╙

Comment

yeah i would have to recomend the clarion units over alpine lately as well. i have recently run into problems with alpine with a few installs i did on friends cars, and i dont do a ****ty job of installing either. two of my friends switched to clarion after having trouble with the swing mechanism on their alpines.
                        2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X