Assembling first System - Advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assembling first System - Advice?

I'm not really going for decible levels. I'm going with a semi affordable good SQ with hard hitting bass. Don't need anything fancy as I was happy with my Bose system as it was

To start I won a pair of MTX 10'' 6000 Thunder series subs. I am basing the system off of this.

Ok I am looking for a 100-200 dollar head unit. Would rather have a 1.5 din HU. Found one on ebay but didn't have money.

The subs run i am guessing 500 watts max. So I need a two channel amp that will give me that 500 watts to each sub. Or whatever you guys suggest is better.

I am going to goto megabass for my boxes.. I was going to do the millhouse but I think I am set on dual stealth boxes and a amp rack that goes in the rear wall of the well. And a AAA membership since i'm loosing the spare.

I am droppin the hatch speakers... pulling out the stock ones in the front and mid panels. Need some nice speakers to go there.. Whatever will fit. Best quality under component. Not ready to spend that type of cash.. So what do you guys think?? Suggestions on products or just suggestions!!!

Thanks,
    James

HU
    1.5 din pioneer

Front speakers
    6 3/4 pioneer

Rear speakers
    6 3/4 pioneer

hatch
    dont know size

sub
    mtx 6000

box 135 each
    amp 1xx

alpine mrp-m200 200rmsx1

altogether $600-700$ I have the 1.5din HU, amp and front and rear 6 3/4 that ill sell to you for $350 shipped all was professionally installed at Ovations cost me all together $1XXX

Comment

Well, here's one way to go for SQ.

HU 200-300 entry level
      Front Comps - Focal 165K2s $200 or less Used.
      Rear speakers (don't need them)
      Subs-you already have them
      Stealthboxes (from me) $235 for the pair.
      Amps-Varies. Look for some nice used amps.
      Wiring, misc. $50-$80.

That's sorta on the high end, but you'll be surprised what that list can do. But instead of comps,you could drop some 6-3/4" coax in the doors instead. JMO :D

Comment

if you are interested, I have a set of RF 6.75" speakers i would be willing to part with since I have some components that I want to put in.
        -Steve

Comment

I'd go with megabass on this one. Get the 2 stealth boxes and save your storage space!! And I'd get either a set of used components.... or JL makes a decent set for around $150-$175 brand new. Components will sound MUCH better then any single speaker. Do you HAVE to have a 1.5 din? If not, I'd look into an Alpine with the Bass Engine Pro feature. This will give you 4-channel time correction. That's really a priceless feature..... Alpine head units with this feature range from $220 and on up. Maybe a single 5-channel amp would be good for you. 4-channels for your speakers and the 5th higher power channel for the subs. If you choose not to have any rear (back seat area) speakers you could bridge two channels together and give your components more power. And if you want to upgrade later, just use it as a 4-channel and buy another seperate sub amp. Just a thought. Just trying to give you ideas. [img]smile.gif[/img]
          Red 96' A4 Firebird
          Audio Audio and Autotek
          Check it out here!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
            New Owner!
            by LETZRIDE
            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
            5 days ago
          • ssms5411
            Little work today
            by ssms5411
            Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
            3 weeks ago
          • LETZRIDE
            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
            02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X