Just installed 2 10" JL W3 V2's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just installed 2 10" JL W3 V2's

I made a custom box (platform that fills area where t-tops go) with matching carpet. It looks soo sweet. My auto shut-off on my amp keeps going because i have a low fuse, its like a 25, and i need a 40. Im running the two parallel bridged, and the 2 channel 400w eclipse amp bridged as well. Its soo clean. I had a 12 punch HE, but these are so much cleaner, you can really hear the sounds, not just the pound. I dont have a digi cam, but i can prob get pics after x-mas. P.S. Im trying to sell my 12" Rockford fosgate punch HE with carpeted box, for $100, and it still has three years on the 4 year replacement plan at best buy. Lemme know what you guys think! [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]
    Go Fast or Dont Go

Sorry, not interested in the He2, but I would be willing to help you with you amp cutting out problem... that IS what you said right? You said you have the subs paralleled AND the sub amp bridged? Chances are you are putting too much of a load on your amp... err too little I guess I should say!! :D [img]tongue.gif[/img] When you parallel the voice coils on your subs you drop the total impedence, AND ALSO if you bridge your amp you, again, lower the load seen by the amp. Which would put just about any amp into protection. Especially, most two channels. Most amps when bridged must be played at 4 ohms. Also, your amp would not be cutting out from the fuse being too small. You are talking about the fuse in the amp? Or under the hood? Either way, the amp wouldn't just shut off.... it would blow the fuse! That's what it's there for! Don't put a larger fuse in there until you are 100% sure you know why it's blowing. Let me know some details and I will try to help you.... [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

I got it fixed, before i read your post, but thanks anyways. I had the subs in parrallel, running at 1 ohm. I put them in series, then bridged the amp. It runs clean, and will handle as much as i can dish out. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
      Go Fast or Dont Go

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
        New Owner!
        by LETZRIDE
        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
        3 days ago
      • ssms5411
        Little work today
        by ssms5411
        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
        2 weeks ago
      • LETZRIDE
        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X