Need help and advice on amp and box! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help and advice on amp and box!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help and advice on amp and box!

Ok, I have this sealed box and I know that a ported box helps a sub put out a better bass quality, i was wondering if I could put a 2-3inch hole on both side at where i'm pointing to here:

Would it be alright for me to do this?

Also, I am upgrading my subs to two 12" Kicker Comp VRs Dual 4Ohm with 50-400w RMS(200 RMS per coil)
    I wanted to know what amp I should get as in..2, 4 channel or mono? and because I don't under stand the whole 300x1 or 25x4 stuff, what should I be looking for as far as wattage goes? Thanks alot, im getting it all from crutchfeild.com probly if you have any links and will probably order it tonight.
    Then: 1997 3.8L Red Firebird~SOLD!~<p>Now: 2002 Atlantic Blue Dodge Ram 1500

First of all, you can save some dough if you get your stuff elsewhere. Check out www.ikesound.com for some really good deals.

As far as the box goes: You can try it. To me, the box looks too small to be a ported box. VR10s need at least 1.25 cubes in a ported application and VR12s need more than that. Are those 10s or 12s? Another thing, where you are pointing looks pretty close to the edge of the box. Typically, you want to put the port at least one diameter from the wall of the box.

If you get a pair of 4ohm DVC subs, you can get a 2 channel amp and wire each sub in parallel for each channel to get 2ohm loads. Just make sure the amp is 2ohm stable. You could also get a mono amp. Wire the VCs in series (8ohms each) and then the two subs in parallel to yield a final 4ohm load. Either way. Stay away from bridging 4 channel amps because bridging puts more strain on the amp and makes it run hotter too IMO. I have a RF 800.2 on my S10L7s and they pound very hard. If you need a really good box set up for the 12s, let me know. Take a look at some of the boxes I have built.

Steve
    www.subthump.com

Comment

On the pic, from that corner to the edge of the sub is about 5 inches, the subs are 12s. I know about your boxes, I want one so bad but I just can't afford it, but if I get some money saved up soon I am going to get one!

Here are a few Amps(don't worry about the website, im just trying the find the right amp, then going to search for a good price on it)

JBL Power Series BP-600.1--Mono
      Bazzoka BL 1500--Mono
      Kenwood KAC-829--2 channel
      Kenwood KAC-729S--2 Channel

[ April 09, 2002: Message edited by: Firebrd9783 ]

[ April 09, 2002: Message edited by: Firebrd9783 ]</p>
      Then: 1997 3.8L Red Firebird~SOLD!~<p>Now: 2002 Atlantic Blue Dodge Ram 1500

Comment

Go with the JBL amp.
        <b><i>1999 Pewter Trans Am M6 - Stock for now...<br />296.6 RWHP and 310.6 RWTQ</i></b> -<i>SOLD</i><p><i>\"There are vast amounts of money to be made in the sevice of the Lord!\"</i><br /><i>1994 Green Camaro M5 - <b>SOLD</b></i><p><br /><b><i>Associate of VENOM-VI</i></b>

Comment

jbl all the way. listen to the rev.
          2000 FIREBIRD NBM<br />Thanks to:<br />TSP, ZZP, TCI, Comp Cam, Whisper, GM, Lakewood, TrafficJamz Car Audio,HP Tuner, Alterstart, texas drivetrain and performance, BMR<br /><br />1990 BLUE CAMARO RS<br />1980 z28 <br /><br />venom-vi vice president

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Firebrd9783:
            I know about your boxes, I want one so bad but I just can't afford it, but if I get some money saved up soon I am going to get one!<hr></blockquote>

I do have a box that I could sell for a lot less for various reasons. It's gray though. Looks like you might have tan interior. E-mail me if interested.

Steve
            www.subthump.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X