$250 to spend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $250 to spend

my friend has about $200-250 to spend on subs and he wanted me to help him out.. he said he already has a 1000watt amp.. but he didnt say what kind so i dont know what to think about that.. any ideas on some good subs in that price range?
    1999 Black Pontiac Firebird <br />2 Rockford Fosgate P312D4 subs <br />Hifonics Brutus 1205d amp<br />Clear Sidemarkers<br />18\" Arelli Jovan Chrome Wheels

If the amp is 1000WRMS, I'd suggest 2 12" Type Rs. How much space does he have? Does he want 1 12, 2 12s, 1 15? Find out some more info on the amp and space, and I'll be back.
    <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

And we need to know if that amp outputs 1000W at 2 ohms.... or 1 ohm... or...??
      Red 96' A4 Firebird
      Audio Audio and Autotek
      Check it out here!

Comment

Re: $250 to spend

well i found out the amps are jensen amps.. so they prally put out like 250 watts rms lol... i dont even know if hes still lookin now its been a week or more since i posted that and he hasnt said anything else about it
        1999 Black Pontiac Firebird <br />2 Rockford Fosgate P312D4 subs <br />Hifonics Brutus 1205d amp<br />Clear Sidemarkers<br />18\" Arelli Jovan Chrome Wheels

Comment

your friend should look into buying a better amp then worry aboout getting a sub. i had a jenson amp an it was crap. i saved up for a little and bought an ED nine.1 and i couldn't be happier

Comment

Back in the day i used two 300 watt 2 chnl jensen amps and they worked just fine.
            Nothing to brag about but they did the job if hes not looking for a show winning system.
            *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

I run a 200W rms Jensen to push the Memphis studio 12" in my car. It works perfectly fine, sounds good, and has been spot-on reliable for over 3 years.
              It lasts because I don't abuse it, and I'm careful about powering it up/down so as not to send unnecessary surges [not leaving it on while I'm starting up the car, for example].

Why on earth did I buy it? It cost me $37 new... I thought it would be dead by now, but nope.
              \'00 f-bird 3.8 M5 coupe, pewter metallic<br />Torsen LSD, Pro 5.0 shifter, Spec stage 1 clutch, Y87 muffler, aftermarket stereo<br />-more fun than the Oldsmobile it replaced...

Comment

Currently for the heck of it I have a Kicker KX402 which gives me 140 watts rms running my 2 10" mb quarts, until I get a chance to switch my stuff out and complete my electrical system here, and it rocks them out pretty nicely for 140watts blows away my friends so called 800 watt kenwood..
                1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X