Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This any good?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1112808803043

Not only that, will that system hook up to my factory Monsoon system? Sorry if its a dumb question, I dunno crap about sound systems.
    Will do anything for an LS1

it's a bit pricey for what it is.......alpine has kinda dropped on their headunits the last couple years from what i have seen.....i would check out pioneer or eclipse.

Comment

Ebay has it for just under a grand shipped....and yes, any aftermarket headunit will work with the Monsoon system.
      Red 96' A4 Firebird
      Audio Audio and Autotek
      Check it out here!

Comment

If the stereo is a double din unit (GM sized stereo) you won't need a dash kit. If it is a single din (regular sized aftermarket stereo), then you will need a dash kit. As for wiring, you can get a wring harness that will connect to your stock harness without having to cut any wires whatsoever. I've been through a blaupunkt, a pioneer, 3 sony's and 2 kenwoods. I personally like kenwood the best. It had the best sound, and you could tweak more of the eq settings. I don't know if you are dead set on having a screened stereo or not, but I'd recommend the Kenwood KDC-MP828.
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2287597

:( SOLD! NO LONGER A CAMARO OWNER :(

Comment

As stated in the mod encyclopedia, f-bodies have a 1.5 din dash cavity. This unit is single din. You will need a dash kit, wiring harness and antenna adapter. Probably about $30-$35.
          Red 96' A4 Firebird
          Audio Audio and Autotek
          Check it out here!

Comment

You guys are like talkin chinese to me :/
            Will do anything for an LS1

Comment

Originally posted by OneV6ToTry:
              You guys are like talkin chinese to me :/
              Everything mentioned was in English ha ha What don't you understand? We'll talk in jive if that will help? LOL Seriously though, we are here to help...ask away.
              2006 Tiburon

Comment

I'm not a huge alpine fan anymore and i wouldnt buy from best buy either. Check out clarion and eclipse head units, they are much better.
                2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

I got a panasonic avic-n3 for $1200 with XM radio/traffic tuner.... you can get a better deal.

the xm traffic tuner basically updates your gps with traffic informaiton and will route you away from accidents, traffic and construction zones. It's a monthly fee, but it's awesome being able to steer away from things.

By the way... best buy employeees get I think 10% above cost on those things, so it'll probably be around $750 or so for them (just a guess)... so if you know someone that works there, it could be a sick deal.

[ March 21, 2006, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: Skapimp ]
                  2002 Silver Metallic A4 Firebird - All Options
                  Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

onev6totry, youre close with the the whole speaking chinese thing, cause the DIN sizing originated as a way to size japanese cars radios, the head unit you are looking at is single DIN size, your factory GM radio is 1.5 DIN size, so to fit that into your dash, you will need a installation kit to reduce the size of the hole in your dash from the GM size, to a Single DIN size. you can pick these up easily from best buy, or any store like that from around 15-25 bucks, just find one that fits your year car, theyre really easy to install, all you have to do is follow the instructions. To make installation even easier, pick up a radio plug converter for your year car. This plugs into your factory GM radio wire harness. On its wires, it tells you which wires connect to the new wires on ur aftermarket head unit, all you have to do then is match the wires with their corresponding color, and crimp em together, and your good to go! hope this helped, good luck

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X