Door Speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door Speakers

My Firebird has the monsoon system with the 10 speakers or whatever. The previous owner installed some polk audio 6½'s in the doors and rear by the seats which sound horrible. I have my JL's from my old car. I was able to install them in the back by the seats. But i do not see how i can remove the door panels to install the speakers there. I found some info on here for the 2002 models but it does nto seem to be the same as my 99. Is there a manual somewhere or does anyone know how to access the front speakers so i can remove them? Although the grills come off you cannot access the speakers through them, and i do not see how to pull that entire panel off. Any advise would be great.
    Clayton - White 99 Firechicken<br />*********************************

ok on my 00' at least...I dont think its any different....you have to take the whole side panel off the door to get to them....dont take the grill off!!!!!...it wont come...I took mine off and had the pleasure off gluing them back on.....ok...2 screws in the handle, you should see them....then look behind the handle underneath there are 2 more screws, 1 smaller, and 1 up in a hole...they're all phillips heads...take out all those screws then the panel will lift off...dont go to quickly though because there is a seperate piece for where the window switches and door handle is....that has to be manipulated in a way where it will slide out of the door handle and come out of the hole in the side panel....and the door lock slider has to come off...pull straight out, it will come....after this the inside of your door will be exposed and your speaker will be right there....be warned....until you get the hang of it putting the side panel back on is a biatch!!!...I took that thing on and off so many times in 1 week I could do it with my eyes closed ;)

edit: oops you got a bird.....hmm dont know how different it is....could be pretty close though

[ November 29, 2002: Message edited by: nikon ]</p>

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Wow, I had no idea it would be the entire door. I realized I had no hope of doing it through the grill the other day and was quiet disappointed. I think the interior is going to be about the same. Thanks much for the input! This should be fun.
      Clayton - White 99 Firechicken<br />*********************************

Comment

oh ya....the thing up by your rear view...I dunno if the have one on the birds...but its like a little triangle...it'll give you a little more room to work with when taking it on and off....and ya your about to have a lot of fun ;)

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
        05' CTS-V
        00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
          New Owner!
          by LETZRIDE
          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
          5 days ago
        • ssms5411
          Little work today
          by ssms5411
          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
          3 weeks ago
        • LETZRIDE
          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X