powering two amplifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• powering two amplifiers

Right now I have a JL 300/4 amp with an 8-gauge hook-up. I plan to add a jl 500/1 amp to my system as well. My question is what would be needed? and what would be the best way to set this up? I would like to run only one pwer wire from the battery and am confused about how to then hook up the single power wire to the amps and what sizes would be needed. My lights also seem to dim a little with just the 300/4. Would a capacitor be nessecary when i add a second amp? any input would be appreiciated

Comment

It's a little strange that your lights are dimming with just that one amp. Hmmmm... hope something is not wrong with your electrical system. The best solution for dimming head lights is a high output alternator. A cap is a quick fix to hide the real problem. It should be OK for SMALL dimming problems, but if the problem is too bad, a cap will make it worse. For the price of a couple caps you can get a high output alt. and kill the problem at the source. To hook up two amps, you use one larger power wire from the battery and "split" it into smaller ones using a distribution block. Run 4 gauge from the battery and then split it into 8g for your amps. Make sure you use a fuse at the battery!!! Unless you have a very large amount of insurance on your car!!! :D :D
      Red 96' A4 Firebird
      Audio Audio and Autotek
      Check it out here!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
        New Owner!
        by LETZRIDE
        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
        4 days ago
      • ssms5411
        Little work today
        by ssms5411
        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
        2 weeks ago
      • LETZRIDE
        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X