need help finding a head unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help finding a head unit

i was all into getting the sony cdx-l600x xplod head unit, my friend has it and it sounds good, and the black/red matches my interior so good
    but lately i've been reading on here that xplod head units aren't that great
    any other suggestions? i'm lookin to spend about 150-200$ on it, it has to sound good and look even better haha
    here's a pic of the one i am talking about:
    mcG<br />aim=endlive<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/endlive\" target=\"_blank\">97 firebird</a> ~ wrecked

I've got a similar deck, and it's pretty decent. The lights do match very well. Stay away from the cheap stuff. If you're going to buy a Sony deck, buy one which has the 'Mobile ES' logo on the front. And, after a few months of use, if the characters on the display get all funky, you'll need to clean the connector pins with a Q-tip.

Comment

How many damn times do I have to repeat my bleep bleeep bleeep bleeping self. Do NOT buy muthableeping SONY products!! NONE. Go with ALPINE, JVC(arsenal), or Pioneer!!!

Comment

yeah i had a similar model, lasted me about 7 months before it crapped out on me. i'd suggest a different brand.
        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/briansr\" target=\"_blank\">97 White Pontiac Firebird 3.8 A4</a><br />Mods- 2.75\" exhaust, Dynomax muffler, magnaflow cat, SLP CAI, Hypertech 160* thermo, Fan switch<br />Suspension-Kumho Ecsta 712\'s, 32mm/19mm sway bars<br /><br />Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don\'t fail us now. <br />-Elwood Blues

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by naptown:
          How many damn times do I have to repeat my bleep bleeep bleeep bleeping self. Do NOT buy muthableeping SONY products!! NONE. Go with ALPINE, JVC(arsenal), or Pioneer!!!<hr></blockquote>

Exactly what he said...Sony makes good stuff, EXCEPT when it comes to car audio.
          1998 Arctic White Camaro<br />3.8L V6 M5<br />Flowmaster 80 Series with 3\" tips<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N<br />Flowtech Cutout<br />Free-Ram Air Mod<br />Blue Underbody Neon Kit<br />3 MTX 6000 10\" Subs<br />Rockford 800a2 Amp<br /><a href=\"http://photos.yahoo.com/jeep327\" target=\"_blank\">My Camaro</a>

Comment

i had an x(peice of ish)plod and the thing would just turn off if i turned it up to loud, also go play with one at ultimate electronics or something and you'll notice that they are incredibly slow at loading cd's and switching from tuner to cd. my stuff got stolen and it the happiest day of my life because that deck was the biggest piece of crap in the world. got a pioneer now and it is f*##ing awesome, i can add bass to a song that has none, i can totaly adjust where in the car the sound is coming from and just am overall incredibly thankfull for the person who stole that peice of crap. [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]
            Xnenon headlight conversion<br />k&n cold air induction<br />85 shot of nitrous (NOS)<br />255 lph walbro fuel pump<br />80 series flowmaster<br />z rated 255/50\'s<br />misc. auto meter tach and a-pillar

Comment

I had an older Sony CDX-C680 way back when (which I actually liked), then I got rid of that for a Sony Xplod CDX-M600 black panel LCD (TOTAL UTTER CRAP! - speaker outputs blew after 3 months, had to send back to Sony). Then I got wiser and dumped the Xplod for a Kenwood Excelon KDC-X817 which I LOOOVE!

[ November 26, 2002: Message edited by: Reidonly ]</p>
              <b>Reidonly</b><br />Bye-bye 1994 Polo Green 3.4L 5-speed Camaro,<br />hello 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP!<br /> <a href=\"http://home.ptd.net/~reidonly/GTP/GTP-pix/GTP-pix-index.html\" target=\"_blank\">http://home.ptd.net/~reidonly/GTP/GTP-pix/GTP-pix-index.html</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                4 days ago
              • ssms5411
                Little work today
                by ssms5411
                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                2 weeks ago
              • LETZRIDE
                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X