New System Question???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New System Question???

I think I've put together my new system, let me know what you think.

Head Unit- Alpine CDA-9831 Amp- Alpine MRD-M301
    Sub- Alpine SWR-1041D
    Subthump 10” Drivers side box

I'll replace the speakers later. Will this sound good? Where would be a good place to buy these items?

Thanks
    Chad
    2002 Black Camaro<br />A4

im not familiar with alpine components...but if you're buying new i always go to www.crutchfield.com ...they have good prices usually and are REALLY fast [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

It won't sound good at all if you're planning to run that sub off the headunit :D

I had a pair of 10" type r's in a milhouse box, and i changed to a pair of rf punch hx2's a couple of weeks and IMO the rf's are much much better for the money.

And crutchfield does NOT have good prices. You must not shop around much.

[ October 26, 2004, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: memphis_raines ]
      2000 3.8L Firebird, Silver Metallic<br /><br />\"Yes, London. You know, fish, chips, cup o\' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary f***in\' Poppins, London!!\"

Comment

Crutchfield is NOT one of the cheaper places to buy car audio, however, their shipping is damn fast and their customer service is outstanding. Also, they are authorized dealers for everything they sell. Meaning every item comes with a full warrenty.

Nice start with the system. Alpine amps are not cheap. They are nice, but pricey. Looks like you're going for the one brand name through out though, then it's cool. [img]smile.gif[/img]
        Red 96' A4 Firebird
        Audio Audio and Autotek
        Check it out here!

Comment

if you are wanting to stick with one brand then alpine is pretty good and what you have chosen will be fine but imho i would shop around a little more for each product from different companies. Alpine is just a little expensive for what you get... to me anyway. The box is deffinately the best way to go if you are trying to keep your trunk and have some bass though.
          2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Originally posted by T-Punk:
            if you are wanting to stick with one brand then alpine is pretty good and what you have chosen will be fine but imho i would shop around a little more for each product from different companies. Alpine is just a little expensive for what you get... to me anyway. The box is deffinately the best way to go if you are trying to keep your trunk and have some bass though.
            I think I'll take your advice, but I love Alpine Head Units so I'll stick with that. What would you recommend for the rest of the system? I want to start with the HU, Amp, Sub, and box, I'll add speakers later. I would like to stay at around $500 for the first part and add more to that later. Thanks for the help.

Comment

You're looking for a 4-channel amp later to run your 6 1/2"s? Keep in mind some companies may only produce small 4-channel amps, or possibly no 4-channel amps at all. Take Alpine for example. Pretty sure they only make a 40WRMSx4@4ohm amp. I'd look for atleast 75WRMSx4@4ohms. So unless you're cool with having two amps from different companies, then plan ahead. Your front components build your system. Give em' the power to scream. [img]smile.gif[/img]
              Red 96' A4 Firebird
              Audio Audio and Autotek
              Check it out here!

Comment

Originally posted by 96firebird311:
                You're looking for a 4-channel amp later to run your 6 1/2"s? Keep in mind some companies may only produce small 4-channel amps, or possibly no 4-channel amps at all. Take Alpine for example. Pretty sure they only make a 40WRMSx4@4ohm amp. I'd look for atleast 75WRMSx4@4ohms. So unless you're cool with having two amps from different companies, then plan ahead. Your front components build your system. Give em' the power to scream. [img]smile.gif[/img]
                Thanks, that has changed my mind a little, I was just looking for a mono amp to power the sub. What other brands should I be looking at besides Alpine?

Comment

MTX, JBL, Hifonics, etc. The M301 is just underpowered for the money.

Comment

i would tell you to check out the elemental design website www.edesignaudio.com (all their products look really nice to me). I would also recomend not gettng a 4ch amp. get a 2ch for the front speakers and if you really want rear fill just use the hu. imho you dont want rear fill, it throws off your sound stage. but the elemental design subs have deffinately proven themselves as a high sound quality sub that can hit. the amps are also little work horses, my friend just got his mono amp from them in to replace his blown jbl 1200w beast and this one blows it away. it is clear and powerful (he is currently running 3 12" kappas with it). i am planning on getting a whole system from them very soon. one last bit of info for you about the head units. i have used several alpines and have installed even more for my friends and the last few years they have started to have serious problems with the faceplate motors and even the display. the display on my last alpine just died, the buttons still worked but no display. three of the 5 alpine hu's i have installed for friends have started to have problems with the faceplates getting stuck (the motor died). i would suggest eclipse if you want the best there is and if you want a bargain go with clarion. i have installed 2 clarions and they are really great for the money.
                    2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

T-Punk thanks for the help. How would this system sound?

Alpine CDA-9827 or 9831
                      11Kv.2 Sub
                      NINe.2 Amplifier
                      Subthump 10" drivers side box

Sorry, I still want an Alpine HU.

Comment

if you are just going with one sub then that system would work out nicely, if you want to add more down the line you could still use everything you have there too. you would just have to get the mono amp and another sub and then the components and use the 2ch you would have already bought. before you buy the equipment from elemental design right out look into their full system deals and such (you can save a little more money) http://www.edesignaudio.com/combo.htm . as for the HU if you set on alpine that will work out just fine, they do make very user friendly hu's with nice features and are by no means crap but i have just personally run into problems with them. Hope everything works well for you but check out some eclipse hu's (they have much higher voltage from the preamps, up to 8V, and one of the older units went up to 16v balanced). either way you wont be dissapointed with that system. Subthump makes really kick butt enclosures from what i have heard so that should also be fine. good luck.

[ October 28, 2004, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: T-Punk ]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X