Rear Left Speaker Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Left Speaker Out

I was listening to the radio today and i heard a difference in volume. My left rear speaker for some reason crapped out on me. I checked the speaker first...it was fine. I checked the wire to the back of the radio and that was ok too?

I think there maybe a cut somewhere in the run to the radio but i really didnt want to take apart the car to find it. Is there anything else i should check before I start tearing apart the car?

All other speakers are good..just the left rear is out.

I tested the left speaker on the right side and it worked fine so i know the speaker is good.

Any info is much appreciated!
    Thanks in advance.
    94 3.4L A4 white t-tops<br />moroso cai<br />3\"hi-flow pacestter exhaust<br />b&m shift kit<br />catco cat<br />01 T/A rear w/ 3.73\'s and posi<br />1 pc aluminum ds<br />blacked out signals

anyone?
    94 3.4L A4 white t-tops<br />moroso cai<br />3\"hi-flow pacestter exhaust<br />b&m shift kit<br />catco cat<br />01 T/A rear w/ 3.73\'s and posi<br />1 pc aluminum ds<br />blacked out signals

Comment

Need more info..

Are your speakers and headunit factory or aftermarket? Do you have the Monsoon system?

Did you run all new speaker wire from your head unit to your speakers?...OR....Are you just using all of the factory wiring?
      2006 Tiburon

Comment

this JUST happened to me too...too much cranking it lol
        <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Head unit is aftermarket...had for 3 yrs no prob.

stock speakers and old wiring. As I was driving a heard the back speaker all of a sudden crap out...no crackling or static, just stopped working. I checked connection to both the speaker and head unit...all was tight.

Thanks for the replies

Comment

Forgot something..don't know if it matters...I have 6x9 infinity speakers that i spliced in with existing stock speakers that sit right behind the back seat... connection is tight there as well and both speakers are working, nothing blown.

Comment

I just tried brand new speaker wire....nothing happened:wtf?

Comment

You may have burned up one of the channels on your head unit if you had 2 speakers hooked up to each channel. I wouldn't recommend running 2 speakers on each channel like you did since it creates a 2-ohm load for the headunit. Use a small separate amp to run the 6x9's.
                2006 Tiburon

Comment

so if I burned up one of the channels..what do i need to make the rear speaker work?

Comment

Originally posted by nda0602v6:
                    You may have burned up one of the channels on your head unit if you had 2 speakers hooked up to each channel. I wouldn't recommend running 2 speakers on each channel like you did since it creates a 2-ohm load for the headunit. Use a small separate amp to run the 6x9's.
                    dont camaros that came with the monsoon system have their own separate amp already?...i ask cuz im having this same problem..a little fuzziness coming from that speaker..can only hear it when theres no music playing...i have a sony xplod deck
                    <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X