My new subs part 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new subs part 3

Well things changed again today. We talked and I decided that they would expect to much of a commitment as a sponsor so the plans have changed yet again. I made a call to my freind thats owns another car audio shop. He told me he had somthing he wanted me to listen too.I had a life changeing experince. Have any of you heard the new kicker solo baric 12 square subs? holy **** **** ***** **** **** :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    The two 12's were unbeliveable, I've never heard anything like that in my life. The two subs hit many times harder then my 4 ever would have. Needless to say I am going to go with the kickers running each off 760 watt amps. These subs are insane they make Jls and Fosgate sound like a knock off target brand. If any dealers near you have them I suggest you go listen to them. We're in the process of drawing up plans for a new custom box at sound waves, (the other place) Honestly two of these will blow away most competion systems like they were nothing.

-Ryan
    94 maro<br /> mods? ummmm..... one or two.<br />some people see the bottom of our soceity as a product of the system,But the system is a product of our society. It cant be changed because we dont want it to change. all you can take is grab ahold of what ever advatages you get and live life to the fullest. Be happy, lifes too short

your talking about the L7's
    personally, i dont like them at all, but hey, it's all about opinion right?
    good luck
    -Steve

Comment

hell yes, those kickers are bad a$$. I have read a lot on those, but the price is probably going to bite your *** . But yes, two of those should efficiently shatter your glass and eardrums.
      94 3.4 Pontiac Firebird<br />Blue with Silver Racing Stripes<br />AVS Blackouts on Rear<br />32% Tinit<br />Flowmaster Exhaust<br />2 12\" MX Autotek Mean Machine Subs<br />760 watt Sony Xplod Amp<br />Pioneer 6 1/2 Speakers<br />Jensen Tweeters<br />12 Disc Pioneer Changer<br />Custom Interior- White Dash, gauges, and white leather on seats.<br />Black Light<br />Future Mods:<br />16\" American Racing Chrome Aero Rims<br />CAI <br />Turbo <br />K&N Set Up

Comment

I've heard them and they are loud. You have no harm of blowing your glass with 2 12's....unless you're running them in about a 5 cube per chamber huge ported box with about double the wattage you're going to be running to them. I listened to 1 12 at my local dealer in a 2.5 cu. ft. ported with 600 watts, it was awesome.
        \'99 SDime reg. cab stepside<br />4.3/auto/3.42 open<br />Performance: 2.5\" from the y into a Magnaflow, modded stock airbox, MAF mod<br />Exterior: dropped 2/1, Gen 2 hood, clear corners, euro tails, billet bowtie, Xtreme wheels, shaved emblems

Comment

There going to be in a ported fiberglass box with 2.2 cu ft per chamber
          94 maro<br /> mods? ummmm..... one or two.<br />some people see the bottom of our soceity as a product of the system,But the system is a product of our society. It cant be changed because we dont want it to change. all you can take is grab ahold of what ever advatages you get and live life to the fullest. Be happy, lifes too short

Comment

Should be loud enough for a daily driver... :D That baby's gonna be loud! I'd say, with the wattage, you're looking at high 140's.
            \'99 SDime reg. cab stepside<br />4.3/auto/3.42 open<br />Performance: 2.5\" from the y into a Magnaflow, modded stock airbox, MAF mod<br />Exterior: dropped 2/1, Gen 2 hood, clear corners, euro tails, billet bowtie, Xtreme wheels, shaved emblems

Comment

I was actullay aiming for low 150's.

[img]graemlins/dj.gif[/img] :D

Comment

I'm doubting low 150's, very seriously. Sorry...
                My local shop built a '95 Camaro recently with a ported (huge ported) wall with 5 L7 12's. I don't know what amps they used, but they powered them well. Only hit mid 150's....

Comment

Hey v6maro! Wht don't you like the L7's? Anybody else dislike them?
                  Red 96' A4 Firebird
                  Audio Audio and Autotek
                  Check it out here!

Comment

I was present when the shop I'm having this done at had a 99 civic with 3 8's in a sealed boxed hit 152 two weeks ago. If I dont oh well it will still be loud enough for me and another excuse to add another sub.

Comment

What!? 152db with 3 8's?!?! No way! And in a sealed box!!!!!????? Somethings' a miss!
                      Red 96' A4 Firebird
                      Audio Audio and Autotek
                      Check it out here!

Comment

Thats what I thought too. I was there and read the meter. He was running 600 watts to each sub I think. Fyi the solo baric L7s have 20% more cone area then normal subs. [img]graemlins/dj.gif[/img]

Comment

I know, but that is still pretty unbelievable. I'm not saying you're lying but if it was that easy to reach 150db, then wouldn't all competitors use the L7's? Wouldn't all manufacturers be designing their cones with the same idea? They were running 600 watts a piece you say? It's possible. I think they are 300rms. So they were pretty much pushing it to the max. I'm seriously thinking of put the L7's in my car. But if they WERE all that, then why doesn't everybody use them? Anybody have anything bad to say about them?
                          Red 96' A4 Firebird
                          Audio Audio and Autotek
                          Check it out here!

Comment

I have never actually heard the L7's, but I have a friend who is the manager of a Circuit City roadshop. He does installs and stuff, but he says he never uses L7's in his systems. Ther're loud, but they're not that accurate. If you want max SPL then they're a good choice.
                            <b><i>1999 Pewter Trans Am M6 - Stock for now...<br />296.6 RWHP and 310.6 RWTQ</i></b> -<i>SOLD</i><p><i>\"There are vast amounts of money to be made in the sevice of the Lord!\"</i><br /><i>1994 Green Camaro M5 - <b>SOLD</b></i><p><br /><b><i>Associate of VENOM-VI</i></b>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> I know, but that is still pretty unbelievable. I'm not saying you're lying but if it was that easy to reach 150db, then wouldn't all competitors use the L7's? Wouldn't all manufacturers be designing their cones with the same idea? They were running 600 watts a piece you say? It's possible. I think they are 300rms. So they were pretty much pushing it to the max. I'm seriously thinking of put the L7's in my car. But if they WERE all that, then why doesn't everybody use them? Anybody have anything bad to say about them? <hr></blockquote>
                              I wish I had the answers to those questions my self. I'll try and post tonight or tommorow afternoon about how they sound I get to pick up my car later today. Untill then
                              -Ryan [img]graemlins/dj.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X