Sub Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub Help

ok I hace a rockford fosgate 900 watt amp running to 2 bazookas. I had my amp installed at circuit city, but the thing is when it was installed I had my factory head unit. Now I'm trying to install a sony mini disc head unit. its on, i got it working now, the thing is the subs only work when the Radio is on, as soon as i try to actually play the mini disc the subs cut off. Can someone please help me? oh, and if its any help the back of the headunit has a blue wire coming out dont know if that matters.
    I am the merciless God of anything that stirs in my universe!!!!

The thin blue wire is usually a remote turn-on lead for an amp. However, you said the subs play fine with the radio playing...correct? So that means that the amp is getting a turn-on signal from somewhere.

Does the headunit have an option to turn the sub RCA output on and off? I ask because my old Pioneer had that and it would reset everytime the battery was disconnected.

First thing, check to see if the amp is turning on when a CD is playing. Does the power LED light? Any other LEDs? Are you sure the subs are not playing AT ALL?
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

ok the Headunit doesnt have that option. and yeah works fine with the radio the amp gets power, but when i switch over to cd the amp turns off.

Comment

Hmmmm...provided all the features on the headunit are set correctly... sounds like a bad headunit. :( With everything playing fine while the radio is on, that tells you from the RCAs back to the subwoofers checks good. The amp remains on, so whatever the turn-on source is, is also good. That only means there is no audio traveling on the RCAs to the amp.

What is the model number of your headunit? I suggest reading the owners manual to triple check all features are set correctly. Check to make sure you're not using a LP crossover set at 10Hz or something. Also be sure to check all your fade settings. May have all different settings once you insert a CD, so be sure you're testing with CD in. My headunit now has that.

Maybe try installing a friend's headunit real quick. Just to see what happens. You still have the stock one also? Give it a shoot.
        Red 96' A4 Firebird
        Audio Audio and Autotek
        Check it out here!

Comment

Simple fix, you probably just used the wrong Remote Turn on. There are probably 2 (two) blue wires coming out the back of your mini-disc player, ones solid blue and the other is blue with a white stripe. There are two blue wires because one is to be used for a power antenna (which kills the power to this blue wire if you turn the radio off to switch to a cd or tape). The other blue wire will stay on no matter if you listen to the radio or a cd, it only turns off when you turn the entire unit off..........this is the wire you want hooked up to your amp.
          2006 Tiburon

Comment

Great guess nda, but he said the amp stays on while playing a CD...just no sound.

EDIT... damn it. I guess I'm totally blind. [img]redface.gif[/img]
            Red 96' A4 Firebird
            Audio Audio and Autotek
            Check it out here!

Comment

ok so how and where do i hook up the blue wire and its one one blue wire its solid

Comment

Originally posted by nda0602v6:
                Simple fix, you probably just used the wrong Remote Turn on. There are probably 2 (two) blue wires coming out the back of your mini-disc player, ones solid blue and the other is blue with a white stripe. There are two blue wires because one is to be used for a power antenna (which kills the power to this blue wire if you turn the radio off to switch to a cd or tape). The other blue wire will stay on no matter if you listen to the radio or a cd, it only turns off when you turn the entire unit off..........this is the wire you want hooked up to your amp.
                Well done man. I hope that fixes the problem.
                2005 Cavalier LS Sport M5<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X