Electric Waterpump installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Waterpump installed

well after spending roughly 400 bucks for the water pump.

300something for the water pump. and i also got the "plug and play" wire harness from intense racing.com. that ****'n thing costed 65 bucks itself..

Well.. installation was a breeze. what 8 screws and a little scraping to get the old gasket off the engine.

The wireing harness that i ordered for some reason did not work ? ? ? so i said **** the 65 bucks, i got wire, soldering gun, and some okay knowledge, and made a switch for 5 bucks. pssh.

All in all. the temp stays at literally 160 degrees at all times.. even sitting and idleing for 25 min strait with the rad. fans on low.

if you're going to get the mezier electric water pump.. dont get the 65 dollar harness. the "easy" way doesnt always work.

oh yea. now with a little less rotating restriction on the crank shaft, it was easier to spin the tires, and the chatter from the clutch went away due to being able to accelerate much smoother.

and it works fine with the stock alternator, just dont forget to turn the switch to "off" it'll drain your battery in literally 3 min. [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img]
    96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

So it helps keep things cooler? sounds like a good mod.

You should wire the pump to the iginition. This way you won't have to worry about leaving your switch on and draining your battery....or worst yet, driving around and forgetting to even turn it on
    2006 Tiburon

Comment

That was my original intentions. but i figured.. o kay i have a manual fan switch already and NEVER forget to turn it off.. so i put the switch right next to the manual fan switch. plus it saved me 62 bucks because the harness from intense was a major bendover..

The electric water pump from mezier flows a lot more than the factory water pump.. i did a little test today.. started up the car.. let it sit and idle for 1o min.. got it running hot. got it to at least 250 something degrees.. flipped the switch and waited to see how long it took to cool off.. it was seriously instantly dropping down.. all the way down to 160ish (160 degree thermo)

i give this product two thumbs up. plus you can get it in polished aluminum, gloss black, or red..? it looks sweet
      96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

if mine goes out i will prolly do it
        The confusion surrounds me <br />change is imminent<br />if I were they<br />we could be great

Comment

You can also take off the belt at the track safely now and will see some awesome gains.
          2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X