distrubution block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• distrubution block

i am about to hook up 2 amps, my sub amp 800 watts rms and a 4 channel amp 400 watts rms, i am running 4 ga power wire, when i get to the distrubution block do i run 4 ga to the amps or 8 ga, also should i run a big (80 amp) fuse then have a distubution block or have a block with 2 40 amp fuses on it???

Run the max size that your amp will accept.

As for the fuse question, a single large fuse DIRECTLY next to the battery is MORE THEN A MUST!
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

so run a 80 amp fuse next to the battery run my power wire to the distrubution block then to the amps, from the distrubution block do i run 4 ga or 8 ga i would like to run 4 ga!

Comment

8 would prally work to the 400 watt amp.. but u could run 4 to both and it wouldnt matter.. u'd be better off with 4 i think though
        1999 Black Pontiac Firebird <br />2 Rockford Fosgate P312D4 subs <br />Hifonics Brutus 1205d amp<br />Clear Sidemarkers<br />18\" Arelli Jovan Chrome Wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Chet Mo and the Camaro:
          from the distrubution block do i run 4 ga or 8 ga i would like to run 4 ga!
          I said...

Run the max size that your amp will accept.
          Red 96' A4 Firebird
          Audio Audio and Autotek
          Check it out here!

Comment

His amps will probaly except 4awg and smaller, I would run a 2awg or even 0/1awg from the battery back, more so if you are going to upgrade later.
            2005 Cavalier LS Sport M5<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615</a>

Comment

Originally posted by FireFighter:
              I would run a 2awg or even 0/1awg from the battery back, more so if you are going to upgrade later.
              Just FYI if you're thinking about this, 2awg is becoming increasingly uncommon. They make 0awg and 4awg d-blocks, battery terminals, fuse holders, etc. Obviously not saying you CANNOT find 2awg products, but they're no where near as common.
              Red 96' A4 Firebird
              Audio Audio and Autotek
              Check it out here!

Comment

for the wire.....i would run 4 g to both amps and you should have 3 fuses. 1 fuse no more then 1 foot away from your battery and one fuse between each amp and the distrobution block...you can even buy a fused distrobution block. The way to know what fuese to use is: if amp 1 has a 40 amp fuse and amp 2 has a 60 amp fuse then the fuse by your battery needs to be 100 amps. then each fuse after your distrobution block should match the fuse on the amp your wiring to.
                99 camaro conv. 18in 100 spoke rims, body kit, ac delco iridiums, taylor 8mm wires, 2 12\' L7 soloberics with 1500 rms. I think im going deaf.<br /><a href=\"http://67.19.33.20:8080/sig/0G%20Car4.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">http://67.19.33.20:8080/sig/0G%20Car4.jpg</a>

Comment

one amp has 2 40 fuse and the other has 2 30. thats 140, so could i buy a fused distrubution block with 40 going to each amp and a 80 at the battery??

Comment

I don't think they make a 140-amp fuse so use 150 for up front by the battery.

For the fuses in the distribution block: the amp with 2 40-amp fuses, you'll need an 80-amp fuse in the distribution block and the amp with 2 30-amp fuses, you'll need a 60-amp fuse.
                    2006 Tiburon

Comment

ok so lets say i put a 150 up front then run to the block then run wire out and put a fuse?? or get a fused block?

Comment

First, make a decision as to what size main power wire you'll be running. 0g,2g,4g? Then throw something like this next to the battery. I'd go with the 120amp fuse. (Trust me, you're not going to pop it) Doing 4g to the amps? Check out this or this.
                        Red 96' A4 Firebird
                        Audio Audio and Autotek
                        Check it out here!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X