I need a CD Player!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a CD Player!

Hey guys, like the title says I need a CD Player. I have a 98 Camaro with the stock AM/FM radio and cassette deck. Since I don't even own any cassettes, I am in need of a CD player. I don't want anything fancy, I want something cheap that will do its job. Cheap as in price, not quality. [img]smile.gif[/img] I tried to skim through the pages but couldnt really find much. I would like to stay under $150, IF POSSIBLE. I dont know much about audio, so try not to confuse me. I put a CD player in my 74 Vette, so I plan to do this install myself as well.

2000 Pewter Pontiac Transam 360rwhp, 370ftlbs
    1998 Sport Gold Metallic Chevrolet Camaro *SOLD*
    1974 Silver Chevrolet BIG BLOCK Corvette

Are you only looking at new headunits? Because I have a deal working with a friend right now to sell him my old Pioneer P8200R for 100 bucks. If he backs out or anything, it's all yours if you want. Still have the manual and original box I think. Used it for awhile until I upgraded to the P940MP I have now. Been sitting boxed up ready to go in my closet for like ayear now.lol [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

A list of cd players from crutchfield.com

Keep in mind you will need about $35-$70 in install parts.

At crutchfield:
      $10 for antenna adapter
      $13 for mounting kit
      And if you dont want to splice wires you will need to buy 2 wiring harnesses which cost about $15 each

Buying everything I needed at Circuit City including the harnesses so I didnt have to splice it ran be about $68... I had the cd player already.

Also I would personally avoid Awia, I have had 2 of their cd players (1 diskman and 1 home stereo) both of them the laser died out. My friend also had the same problem with them it was years ago so I don't know if they are better now or what.

[ August 12, 2005, 12:29 AM: Message edited by: ThatsMeGC ]
      \'96 A4 Camaro 3800<br />Nothing but... <br />Flowmaster 40 series

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll let you guys know what I decide on and if its a good choice!

2000 Pewter Pontiac Transam 360rwhp, 370ftlbs
        1998 Sport Gold Metallic Chevrolet Camaro *SOLD*
        1974 Silver Chevrolet BIG BLOCK Corvette

Comment

I have a 98 camaro but it came with a cd player how is that and you don't have one and my cd player is a factory model
          eric head

Comment

Some camaros only had cassette tape players from the factory.

Comment

I would look on ebay for a cd player before you buy something from crutchfield. You can find the same units on ebay, new in the box at a drastically lower price. do a comparison. find a cd player you like on crutchfied then do a search on ebay for it.
              99 camaro conv. 18in 100 spoke rims, body kit, ac delco iridiums, taylor 8mm wires, 2 12\' L7 soloberics with 1500 rms. I think im going deaf.<br /><a href=\"http://67.19.33.20:8080/sig/0G%20Car4.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">http://67.19.33.20:8080/sig/0G%20Car4.jpg</a>

Comment

Also on ebay look for GM CD players that will fit the car.

My bro's radio crapped out on his '02 dodge ram. It was a tape deck, but also a CD changer.

I been looking on Ebay for a dodge radio and found some out of '04s and '05s for $40-150.

If your interested in a factory stock one that you won't have to buy an install kit for.

don't forget to do searches on pontiac, chevy and such.
                -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X