Is this ever happen to your factory CD player?? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this ever happen to your factory CD player??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this ever happen to your factory CD player??

Listening to KoRn or whatever CD you listen to :rolleyes: and I turn it down for a little bit and it gets louder instead. And then later on, I try to turn the music up loud and it does the opposite... WTF? Please tell me I'm not goin crazy and this happens to you too. [img]smile.gif[/img]

uuuh, does it get louder when you speed up, and lower when you slow down? That's your Speed Controlled Volume. The ring labeled SCV that encircles the volume knob. Maybe it is malfuncioning if it doesn't do it as described above.
    Kerry

Comment

yeah, it's something with the knob where if you turn it up too fast, it goes lower, and if you turn it down fast, it goes up. who knows why, it just does it. everyone that owns a gm with the delco cd player that i know has this happen to them and that is about 6-7 people plus myself.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by kewabl:
        uuuh, does it get louder when you speed up, and lower when you slow down? That's your Speed Controlled Volume. The ring labeled SCV that encircles the volume knob. Maybe it is malfuncioning if it doesn't do it as described above.
        Kerry
        <hr></blockquote>

I'm well aware of the SCV and I don't have that option. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 2kblufbody:

I'm well aware of the SCV and I don't have that option. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
          <hr></blockquote>

I'm sorry to hear that. [img]tongue.gif[/img] back to you

Comment

yeah common problem.. crappy delco radio.. ... o
            -Brad
            98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
            2000 V-Star Custom 1100
            If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
            :rock:

Comment

I was just about to post about that.
              - John<br />Black 98 Firebird M5<br />Favorite Oxymoron: Honda Power

Comment

If you have an amp and rcas running into it through an adapter than it is fedback from the amp and the adapter cause i get it also. any ???
                email me
                <b><a href=\"http://www.sick-sixx.com\" target=\"_blank\">SICK-SIXX MEMBER</a></b><br />NA 14.345 with a 1.863 60 foot<br />Nitrous 13.03@99.5 with a 1.63 60 foot<br /><br />2000 Camaro 3.8L A4: USE TO HAVE Comp Cam 210/220 .535/.547 113lsa 111 I/C, Port and Polished Heads, NX Wet Kit 100 Shot, CPRA made by CP, RK Sport Headers

Comment

i've got the same problem, but i mostly happens when the radio has only been on for bout 10 min :rolleyes: . i've got an amp hooked up just like that also. crappy *** delco electronics!

does anybody's cd sometimes get stuck in there when they hit eject?? that really pisses me off :mad: , i have to pull over and pry it out!

[ November 03, 2001: Message edited by: Dojo2000 ]</p>
                  ~Derrick <a href=\"http://www.appstate.edu/~do54457/\" target=\"_blank\"><i>My Webpage</i></a><br /><b>\'96 3.8L V6 M5 Firebird Y87</b> | <b>162.8 RWHP</b> / <b>196.7 RWTQ</b> <br /><b>•</b> SLP CAI <b>•</b> <a href=\"http://tech.firebirdv6.com/y87.html\" target=\"_blank\"><b>Y87</b> Package</a> - 3.23s <b>•</b> 180º thermo w/ fan switch <b>•</b> TB spacer from DEE<br />1991 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4x4

Comment

Sorry if I'm dumb and/or off topic a little:

My wife has a Montana and the CD/radio/cassette gets louder when we go faster, softer when we go slower. Trouble is, it is too loud or soft. Can this be fixed / modified?

By the way, my W68 has a Monsoon, and it has been great.
                    I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                    CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                    FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

OK i have this problem too. if you turn the radio up too loud i guess it realizes it and kicks the volume back down so you dont blow speakers. if i turn mine up to loud and keep turning the knob it goes DOWN instead of up.
                      2001 Black S10 Xtreme 4.3L A4<br />*RedLineVSix*<br />\"Throwin sparks, draggin frame\"

Comment

mine does that but more often ill have it at a low volume and just barely adjust it and it will get deafeningly loud.
                        &gt;Pikey&lt;<br /><a href=\"http://streetracing.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=156608\" target=\"_blank\">95 Firebird</a>

Comment

This is common. Mine did it too, if you pull slightly on the knob it usually works. It is a defect in the knob. I have a few friends with the same head unit and all have that ptoblem. Eventually the display will go out as well. Out of the 3 friends I have who have that problem, all of their displays went out too. I fixed mine with a nice little Alpine head unit. Sorry to say I now know of 4 people with this problem. Sorry Bene, if it is still under warranty make them replace the head unit.
                          97 Silver Bird<br />3.8 M5 Bone Stock Engine<br />15.528 @ 88.96 bone stock<br /><a href=\"http://www.fbodyenhancements.com/\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyenhancements.com/</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X