Adding a cassette player to my monsoon stereo - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding a cassette player to my monsoon stereo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a cassette player to my monsoon stereo

Hi i have a 2000 Firebird and I was wondering if i could add a cassette deck to the monsoon stereo that already has a CD player without making any major changes to the looks of things.
    \"It\'s Our Wits That Make Us Men\"

On the back of your factory cd-player, there is an input jack that's used to hook up a factory cd-changer. They make a special converter which turns that input jack into RCA inputs. With RCA inputs, you can then hook up just about anything, MP3-players, XM-Radio, Portable tape players, etc. The converter runs roughly around ~$60.00 and its called a GM-9 I believe. C.City and Best Buy should carry them or you could prob find it even cheaper online/ebay.
    2006 Tiburon

Comment

I found the PXGM9 for GM cars I believe this is what you were talking about. My main goal was to et my ipod hooked up to my stereo in the car not with FM transmitters though. After reading about that it sounds like i can hook up the cord i have to my stereo from my ipod to this converter. But does the firebird have a AUX button on the dash so i can switch to the Ipod? Im inside and its late, and im too lazy to run outside and look, i dont remember seeing one though [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ August 12, 2005, 12:29 AM: Message edited by: nshockeyplaya ]

Comment

An AUX button on the DASH? I've never seen this on any car.

Comment

Sorry, i dont know much about this stuff yet, then how do you select to run your Ipod thats hooked up to the second RCA input?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X