I want a pair of good 6.5" subs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want a pair of good 6.5" subs

I'm working on getting a good system in my car. I have 94 camaro (my first car [img]smile.gif[/img] ) I want some good 6.5" subs over the back seats, I already have some memphis 2-ways in the doors. I'll be getting an amp soon. I dont want any big subs in my car and I want to keep the factory look inside of it and I dont want it to be loud, but I do want to get up to decent volume level when driver at 65mph. Are there any good 6.5" subwoofers that I can use over the back seats??

elemental designs makes these pretty sweet 6.5's called the eu-700. they funtion as a mid-range/subwoofer. they just came out theres alot of hype about them. alot of people put them in there cars/trucks already and said people ask all the time if they have subs in there. there on sale to becuz they just came out 50 bucks a piece, youll need 2. these are def your best bang for you buck. i wont put anything but elemental (ed) stuff in my car.

http://edesignaudio.com/product.php?cid=15&cur=USD
    <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

I already know about those, there not gonna fit though, the magnet is gonna hit inside frame.

Comment

I would give a nice hard look into the DLS IR6. It's a 6.5" mid that plays extremely clean and puts out a ton of midbass. It's not sub, but my friend has had these in 2 different cars crossed over at 45hz and clean. He had 100 watts going to each side and was asked if he had subs in his car. If you can afford this speaker, it's the way to go. Here's a link to their website:
        http://www.dls.se/english/index.htm

By the way, the mounting depth is 2.56"
        Eclipse 8443, CDT ES-620s in doors (Clarion APX401.2), IEK, CDT 6X in rear(HU), Image Dynamics ID10v.3D.4 in stealthbox(Clarion DPX1001.2)<br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/larryfirebird33\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.sounddomain.com/id/larryfirebird33</a><br />borla cat-back, FTRA, whisper lid

Comment

I have some 6.5 jvc subs 130 watts a piece very nice im selling them for 50
          -Max<br /><br />1995 3.4-Cai,2.5 inch custom exhaust with highflow cat and cutout,Hurst short throw shifter,160 degree thermo, Proline alloys matched with es100s

Comment

Not to jack the thread...but are you running those 6.5s on the stock system with not mods to the car? If so...i will take them, i need 6.5s.
            2002 M5 camaro- VTR CAI, custom cat-back exhaust, battery compacitor, pullie, lowering springs, 32mm sway bar, cross-drilled slotted rotars. 1-10\" L7 in cubby.

Comment

I ran the 6.5s on my stoc system but i eventuly got a amp becuase you will not get the full potiential out of them unless you have a way of pushes some more watts trough the speakers seeing that these are rated at 130 your headunit is maybe pushing out 15-20 watts max.
              -Max<br /><br />1995 3.4-Cai,2.5 inch custom exhaust with highflow cat and cutout,Hurst short throw shifter,160 degree thermo, Proline alloys matched with es100s

Comment

I already know about those, there not gonna fit though, the magnet is gonna hit inside frame.
                so make a wooden ring out of 1/2 or 3/4 wood to move it out a little. thats what alot of people are doing.
                <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

Originally posted by Ender2664:
                  Not to jack the thread...but are you running those 6.5s on the stock system with not mods to the car? If so...i will take them, i need 6.5s.
                  I have a pioneer 6700mp, the funny thing is though, I have 3-way Rockford Fosgates in the back sail panels, and I got the radio setup so that it plays only bass notes out of those speakers, they can actually hit pretty good at decent volume levels when my car is sitting still, but when I get going at highway speeds you cant really hear anything. I will replace those for a pair of subs and get an amp, I'm looking for one that puts out at least 75w RMS per channel, is that good enough?

Comment

Do they fit in the stock locations with no mods?
                    2002 M5 camaro- VTR CAI, custom cat-back exhaust, battery compacitor, pullie, lowering springs, 32mm sway bar, cross-drilled slotted rotars. 1-10\" L7 in cubby.

Comment

Yeah

Comment

I was asking maxx...sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Hey my brother brought his 95 z28 over, he's gonna sell it because the motor is locked up, it has 230,000 miles on it, it has the bose system in it, are the rear speakers in the sail panels real subwoofers? It has a subwofer in the corner of the trunk. When I listen to the system before all I heard was bass coming from the sail panel speakers. They have there own amp too, right? Could I bypass the amp and hook the speaker wire in my car directly to the sub?

Comment

Oh yeah, he wants at atleast $2000 for it.

Comment

Come on, anyone??

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X