Sound system install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound system install

Hey all i am doing a sound system install on my friends truck today. I have done a couple, but quick question, we are going to run it off of the stock head unit and if i remember correctly that means that i NEED to use a high low converter right? Or is there a way around that? Help is appreciated. And BTW what is a good fuse to put the rem wire in in your experiance? Thanks kids.
    2002 M5 camaro- VTR CAI, custom cat-back exhaust, battery compacitor, pullie, lowering springs, 32mm sway bar, cross-drilled slotted rotars. 1-10\" L7 in cubby.

Depends if the amp accepts high level inputs. Many amps do, although I would have to say that most do not. But check it out first just to make sure. If only RCAs in, the yes, you NEED a converter.
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

Where should i run the rem wire to? I believe it is called the remote wire, you know the one that shuts off the system when you shut off your car? What is a good fuse to have that wired into?
      2002 M5 camaro- VTR CAI, custom cat-back exhaust, battery compacitor, pullie, lowering springs, 32mm sway bar, cross-drilled slotted rotars. 1-10\" L7 in cubby.

Comment

remote wire [blue usually] runs from the HU to the remote turn on lead on the amp. I believe it is fused to the HU without modifications.
        \'00 f-bird 3.8 M5 coupe, pewter metallic<br />Torsen LSD, Pro 5.0 shifter, Spec stage 1 clutch, Y87 muffler, aftermarket stereo<br />-more fun than the Oldsmobile it replaced...

Comment

What kind of truck does the kid have?

"If" its GM, you can use the Yellow wire behind the factory stereo. No need to fuse this wire because it's already fused. The yellow wire is switched on and off by the ignition. Note: There will be two yellow wires behind the factory stereo. Use the yellow wire thats right next to the orange wire on the factory plug. Again, all the above info is only for GM (chevy/gmc) trucks.
          2006 Tiburon

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X