The ultimate in amplifier technology - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ultimate in amplifier technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ultimate in amplifier technology

This will be my next amp when i get out of college http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mcint...spagenameZWDVW . I cant even explain how perfect it sounds when hooked up to high end focals or cdt's. It is worth every penny. If you are looking for a perfect SQ amp that is it.
    2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

I love that Mc audio stuff, it all looks like it's from 1953. Their home audio stuff is legendary for being over-engineered [the amps anyway].

But let's get serious for a minute here-- you're never going to hear a difference between that and a good amp that costs half as much while you're actually out on the road [moving]. Our cars make too much road noise. Sitting still in the parking lot is another matter.
    \'00 f-bird 3.8 M5 coupe, pewter metallic<br />Torsen LSD, Pro 5.0 shifter, Spec stage 1 clutch, Y87 muffler, aftermarket stereo<br />-more fun than the Oldsmobile it replaced...

Comment

Great gear, but there has got to be a point where you draw the line. [img]smile.gif[/img] Unless you have more money then you could possibly spend....

And from what your saying, I take it you just heard this??? Where at? Only place I've saw them up and running was in Dubai,UAE. It was kinda funny too. It was in a Harman Kardon store which had a little bit of HK's gear, TONS of JBL/Crown....and then a fully decked out Mcintosh Home Audio setup in the back.
      Red 96' A4 Firebird
      Audio Audio and Autotek
      Check it out here!

Comment

that thing looks ancient lol.
        <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

Actually yeah i did just hear it. I took this guys LS430 back out to him and i noticed the music sounded good... really good... actually it was the best i have ever heard. so i pulled over and looked in the trunk to see what was providing me with this heaven to my ears and that is what i saw. When i got to the guys house i asked him what all he had put into his system. It had a pair of cdt eurosports up front and in the back and then a W7 sub. It was by far the best system i have ever heard. He said he use to have focals but wanted to try out the eurosports. from what he said it was a good change. And no its not ancient its just styled that way. If you really want to see something that looks old look at their HU http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/mcprod/s...&product=MX406 now that looks old school. I doubt this will be going in the firebird too. I plan on either getting a vette or CTS-V when i graduate. If i get the V then this system will make sense if i get the vette... i dont think audio will be a major concern.
          2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Just keep in mind that McIntosh always staked their reputation on one, and only one product-- amps. The proliferation of all the other stuff came after they were acquired by [I think] clarion. I can't say if that other stuff is also made in the little factory in Binghamton, NY where the home stuff is produced, or whether it's just a knock-off of another maker's HU with 1953 styling.

Having said that, I did once hear a $15,000 McIntosh speaker system. Holy S***! Inefficient as all hell. But, as you know, there's a tradeoff for inefficiency sometimes..
            \'00 f-bird 3.8 M5 coupe, pewter metallic<br />Torsen LSD, Pro 5.0 shifter, Spec stage 1 clutch, Y87 muffler, aftermarket stereo<br />-more fun than the Oldsmobile it replaced...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X