need opinions on my setup vs my new setup!!!!! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need opinions on my setup vs my new setup!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need opinions on my setup vs my new setup!!!!!

my setup as of now:
    pioneer premier 770mp
    4 6.5 kicker 100 watt coaxials
    1 audiobahn 8000t mono amp
    1 10 kicker solobaric L7

i want more bass but i am happy and i dont want to overdo it so i am going for just better overall sound
    things i am changing:

i bought kicker components 200 watt 6.5 with tweeters and crossovers.

audiobahn 4004t(gonna bridge it to the components)

now my question is i was going to replace my fron speakers with my components and i am still debating were to put my tweeters, but another idea i had was to install the 2 6.5 coaxial in the back were the 6 x 9s go in some cars(i dont have that option) and i was going to put a kicker 100.2 on them and let the middle ons run off the headunit, please help with ideas what i really want to know is:

is the 6.5 coaxials in the back a good idea?
    were should i put the tweeters?
    and should i put my little kicker amp on the coaxials in the back?
    or should i just go with 4 speakers and put the components on the amp and the other 2 on the headunit?

i listen to all kinds of music more rap but i like alot of light rock, and occasional country

For the front components keep the tweeter less than 8'' from the mid. I mounted mine on the door panel about 2'' away from the mid.

Use the audiobahn 4 channel amp to push all 4 speakers, dont bridge it to just the front ones.

The idea of the 6.5'' speakers wayy in the back of the hatch is up to you, personally i wouldnt do it as those speakers are just wayyyy back there and would make a minimal diffrence if any at all.

Just keep it simple comps in the front, coaxs in the sail panels and use the 4 ch to push them. Set the gains right and ill be pretty sure youll love the way it will sound.

Comment

but my 4 channel amp is 50 watts rms x 4, if i do that i will only be getting 50 watts rms to the front ones and i will be maxing out the rears, if i bridge it i would get 100 x 2 rms which is what the components are rated for, does this make since, or if i do put them all on the amp and fade it to the front a little would that bring more power to the front, sorry i have no problems with subs but when it comes to 4 channel i have really never messed with mids and highs on an amp!

Comment

whats the model # on your components? i bet 200 watts is max. You gotta look at the RMS figure.

Comment

they are 100 watts rms, if i brideged my amp i would get 100watts rms x2 which would equal out with the amp to the components right??

Comment

that amp does 200x2 RMS @ 4 ohms.

Why dont you just wire them how i said and see how you like it.

If you bridge the amp to the comp and run the ones in the sails of the HU the ones in the front will drown out the speakers in the sails.

Comment

ok i think ill wire it up that way BUT that is way to much power for the rear and enough power for the front should i hook the amp to the front or rear outputs and just fade it to the fron a lil or what??? thanks for the help btw

Comment

should i put some dynamat in the fornt doors why i am at it

Comment

Originally posted by Chet Mo and the Camaro:
                  but my 4 channel amp is 50 watts rms x 4, if i do that i will only be getting 50 watts rms to the front ones and i will be maxing out the rears, if i bridge it i would get 100 x 2 rms which is what the components are rated for, does this make since, or if i do put them all on the amp and fade it to the front a little would that bring more power to the front, sorry i have no problems with subs but when it comes to 4 channel i have really never messed with mids and highs on an amp!
                  Yes you should bridge it to the front speakers. Your front stage sound is much more important then your rear fill. you will get much better sound by having 100 watts to your fronth stage since you hear more of your front stage anyway.
                  99 camaro conv. 18in 100 spoke rims, body kit, ac delco iridiums, taylor 8mm wires, 2 12\' L7 soloberics with 1500 rms. I think im going deaf.<br /><a href=\"http://67.19.33.20:8080/sig/0G%20Car4.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">http://67.19.33.20:8080/sig/0G%20Car4.jpg</a>

Comment

i have to sets of gains on my amp and it is 100 watts rms x 4, i will set the front gain pretty high and i will be easy on the rear gains and i will juts play with it from there, will let know monday how it goes

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X