Need quick help, on the way to store to buy box materials - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need quick help, on the way to store to buy box materials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need quick help, on the way to store to buy box materials

I'm heading up to Home Depot to buy
    -4'x8'x 3/4" MDF
    -Screws
    -Liquid Nails
    - sand paper, primer, spray paint, clear (Going to try painting it instead of carpet)

Now for my questions.

I'm building the box on the ledge, Does anyone have dimensions?

My subs aren't huge ones that weigh a ton. How do I secure the box up there?

I have 2 Lightning Audio 12's (300 watts each) with a Lightning Audio B.150.2 amp (150 watts)

What would sound better and hit harder Bridge the amp to 1 sub or Keep it how it is set with the 2 subs?
    \'96 A4 Camaro 3800<br />Nothing but... <br />Flowmaster 40 series

Nevermind, I didn't buy anything.

The didn't have 4'x8' MDF only 2x4. Plus it dawned on me half way there that I would need to borrow my dads truck to get the wood home.

I'm assuming 4 pieces of the 2x4 would work just fine but I don't know for sure.

I still need my questions answered for when I do get it.
    \'96 A4 Camaro 3800<br />Nothing but... <br />Flowmaster 40 series

Comment

i'm going to secure mine with a flat piece of steel on both sides of my box, with the one end of steel screwed into the bottom of the box and the other end screwed into the wheel well under the plastic. I think that'll be good, and "save the gas tank".
      97 Camaro 3.8 M5<br />Red<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Magnaflow full 3\" catback<br />Magnaflow 3\" in/out cat<br />Gotta love it.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/849743/1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/849743/1</a>

Comment

FWIW,
        I'm running a single 12, sealed, 1 cub ft. box. Plenty loud in this car. My box is secured with velcro into the carpet and is lodged in between the two "hook" shaped things on the ledge. It *never* moves. It is held in place with the top of the back seat on one side, the two hook things on the sides, and is unsupported in the back.
        \'00 f-bird 3.8 M5 coupe, pewter metallic<br />Torsen LSD, Pro 5.0 shifter, Spec stage 1 clutch, Y87 muffler, aftermarket stereo<br />-more fun than the Oldsmobile it replaced...

Comment

If you decide to go with the single sub setup, I'll be happy to measure the box sometime. It looks pretty slick, but you absolutely need to have a tinted rear window or else it's window shopping time for the theives.
          \'00 f-bird 3.8 M5 coupe, pewter metallic<br />Torsen LSD, Pro 5.0 shifter, Spec stage 1 clutch, Y87 muffler, aftermarket stereo<br />-more fun than the Oldsmobile it replaced...

Comment

if you want more air space use 5/8'' MDF i think 3/4 is too heavy. And i dont think ur planning on running maajor power like 5k watts or something.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatsMeGC:
              I'm heading up to Home Depot to buy
              -4'x8'x 3/4" MDF
              -Screws
              -Liquid Nails
              - sand paper, primer, spray paint, clear (Going to try painting it instead of carpet)

Now for my questions.

I'm building the box on the ledge, Does anyone have dimensions?

My subs aren't huge ones that weigh a ton. How do I secure the box up there?

I have 2 Lightning Audio 12's (300 watts each) with a Lightning Audio B.150.2 amp (150 watts)

What would sound better and hit harder Bridge the amp to 1 sub or Keep it how it is set with the 2 subs?
              you should run the amp bridged to both subs as long as the Ohms match properly. what type of voice coils do the subs have?
              99 camaro conv. 18in 100 spoke rims, body kit, ac delco iridiums, taylor 8mm wires, 2 12\' L7 soloberics with 1500 rms. I think im going deaf.<br /><a href=\"http://67.19.33.20:8080/sig/0G%20Car4.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">http://67.19.33.20:8080/sig/0G%20Car4.jpg</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X