Wiring harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring harness

Where is the best place to get one at? I have a 94 Camaro and I need a new one. I live in a small town with only an O'Reilly's and Autozone. Would they have one? Or is this a Best Buy thing???

Basically, here's the problem. My back speakers quite working. So we took the cd player out and checked the wires. Here's what happens. If you press really hard on the wiring harness into the back of the cd player the back speakers work. But, as soon as you release that pressure they stop working and only the front speakers work...now is that a wiring harness problem, or the cd player itself???

You have the problem isolated from the sounds of things but have not specified what kind of head unit you have. Is it aftermarket or is it still the factory unit that came with the car?

The reason I ask is because you are asking about a wiring harness which refers to the wires running from the fuse block inside the car. If you indeed are referring to the factory connector Auto Zone and Best Buy will not be able to help you. However, if you meant the wiring harness ADAPTER for installing aftermarket head units Auto Zone, Wal Mart and Best Buy should all carry the proper harness adapter for your Camaro.

As far as diagnosing the problem it sounds like you have taken a step in the right direction. However, it needs to be taken a step further to really tell what it is. If you indeed have an aftermarket head unit with a wiring harness adapter then the CD player needs to be unplugged from the back and the adapter needs to be removed from the wiring harness. Locate the suspect wire and check for continuity between the aftermarket head unit's connector and the harness adapter's connector. If moving the wire around does not generate a bad connection then the head unit is most likely at fault. If you have a test speaker try hooking it up to the wires for the rear speaker and see if the same thing happens. I would take the wires that come right out of the head unit's connector- if you still get the problem I'd narrow it down to the head unit and get myself a new one. HTH.

Comment

I'm talking about an aftermarket cd player. It's a Pioneer bought in like 1998 but still works awesome and sounds awesome, even with factory speakers. Anyways, ya it's the wiring harness I had to buy (I think I got it and the install kit from Crutchfield) I've looked at Wal-Mart and can't find one for a 94 Camaro??? They have a general "chevy" one but it doesn't mention Camaro on it?

Comment

the camaro harness is diffrent because it has to bypass the bose amps. Crutchfield stands behind the quality of their products. Give them a call and let them know your problem and im sure they can send u a replacement harness.

Comment

It's not bose, it's Delco...this is a 94

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Hacker:
            It's not bose, it's Delco...this is a 94
            The standard GM harness they sell at Autozone or Walmart will work for your car.

It sounds like the one you have now (the harness you got from Crutchfield) isn't the problem. You said the speakers cut out when you move the harness that plugs into the back of the "cd player." Autozone, Best Buy or Walmart won't carry a "pioneer" harness. Your best bet would be to get one on Ebay. I did a quick search and found 50 of them on Ebay now.

Pioneer wire harness on ebay
            2006 Tiburon

Comment

Ok, did that wiring harness COME with my Pioneer cd-player, as in was it in the box? It's honestly been 8 years since I've had it, I don't remember anything about it at all.

Comment

Yes, it came with the Pioneer CD-Player. Since it's that old, the contacts are prob starting to get loose.
                2006 Tiburon

Comment

So, in other words I'm most likely screwed...it's old...and I'm gonna have to shell out $200+ for a new good one....damn.....

Comment

Nda told you that you could pick up another Pioneer harness off Ebay. I'm sure they're only a few bucks. Just hope that it's the connector that's worn out and not the receptacle on the headunit itself.
                    Red 96' A4 Firebird
                    Audio Audio and Autotek
                    Check it out here!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X