Biggest possible box??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest possible box??

What is the biggest possible box we can fit in the 4th gens.? I'm talking the WHOLE back area, but still be able to see out the back window. Taking the side plastic panels off and removing the spare tire/jack and having the box come all the way up to the back seat. Fiberglass the whole way of course! Basically, I want the biggest possible box without removing the back seat or a wall and still be able to see out the back window. Anybody done anything like this? Any guesses on how many cubes?
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 96firebird311:
    What is the biggest possible box we can fit in the 4th gens.? I'm talking the WHOLE back area, but still be able to see out the back window. Taking the side plastic panels off and removing the spare tire/jack and having the box come all the way up to the back seat. Fiberglass the whole way of course! Basically, I want the biggest possible box without removing the back seat or a wall and still be able to see out the back window. Anybody done anything like this? Any guesses on how many cubes?<hr></blockquote>

Might want to get some stronger springs too
    but
    about 3cuft in rear, with it forming over the gas tank to the rear seat for about another maybe 6cubes, i think the box would look REALLY odd and to be blunt FUGLY but, to each his own
    not to mention an assload of $ for it
    -Steve

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by v6maro:
      Might want to get some stronger springs too
      but about 3cuft in rear, with it forming over the gas tank to the rear seat for about another maybe 6cubes, i think the box would look REALLY odd and to be blunt FUGLY but, to each his own
      not to mention an assload of $ for it
      -Steve
      <hr></blockquote>

Why new springs? If it's made out of fiberglass it won't be that heavy. I have a 3/4 MDF box for 3 10's and it's heavy as S#!T !! I need about 8 cubes before displacment, so I guess I don't need to come all the way up to the back seat. Just the well and all the way to the sides. UGLY??? Ha ha my friend! It all depends on the installer and their creativity level! :D
      Red 96' A4 Firebird
      Audio Audio and Autotek
      Check it out here!

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 96firebird311:

Why new springs? If it's made out of fiberglass it won't be that heavy. I have a 3/4 MDF box for 3 10's and it's heavy as S#!T !! I need about 8 cubes before displacment, so I guess I don't need to come all the way up to the back seat. Just the well and all the way to the sides. UGLY??? Ha ha my friend! It all depends on the installer and their creativity level! :D
        <hr></blockquote>

underneath a fiberglass box is a 3/4" MDF wood box..........so yes, new springs

as for creativity, yeah, big deal, it'll still look fugly no matter how you do it. You could have all the plexi/water/bubbles/neons/uname it and a box that goes over that gas tank isnt going to appeal to the average human.
        -Steve

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by v6maro:

underneath a fiberglass box is a 3/4" MDF wood box..........so yes, new springs

as for creativity, yeah, big deal, it'll still look fugly no matter how you do it. You could have all the plexi/water/bubbles/neons/uname it and a box that goes over that gas tank isnt going to appeal to the average human.
          -Steve
          <hr></blockquote>

MDF under fiberglass? It doesn't have to be that way. Plus, I said if I can get that much air space I wouldn't need to come up over the gas tank. Haven't you ever read any Car Audio mag? They have some insane crazy stuff! And I'm sure when they planned it out somebody criticized the hell out of them too..... "What!! You mean your going to rip out the whole interior??!! That's gonna look terrible!!!" Then it turns out like a wok of art...... Chill man...... to each his own.
          Red 96' A4 Firebird
          Audio Audio and Autotek
          Check it out here!

Comment

if you don't use the MDF underneath you run the risk of cracking it, and to be honest, when you pay over 4K for a fiber lay like that, i doubt you want to crack it.
            -Steve

Comment

i got a question for ya since ur looking for such space are you gonna put some lexan in the back window after it bulges out?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X