Stock Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock Audio

How strong is my stock system? How many amps?? I have the stock cd player and equilizer, but im woundering, i have 4 speakers 2 on the door and 2 on the back seat, planning on adding 2 6x9s and maybe 1 strong 12 and amp, but for now, how strong is my stock system?
    North Side F-Body Owner running stock on a 3.8L A4 Firebird 1997, White

Your alternator is the source of all your electrical juice. It outputs 105amps max. That is actually a fairly strong amount compared to some others. (all imports) With your CD player, EQ and all your speakers you will have NO problems what so ever. With no external amp you have nothing to worry about. If you add a sub/amp that's when the juice really starts flowing. You said a "strong" 12. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by this but most likely you will not have anything to worry about. I run about 1000 watts to my subs and I have a stock alternator. Have had no problems for 1 1/2 years now.
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

thanks, and how many watts are in my stock system? in the Amp and speakers and radio, anyone know? i dont have the monsoon.

96firebird311 - thanxz for answering some other questions i had in mind.
      North Side F-Body Owner running stock on a 3.8L A4 Firebird 1997, White

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ask:
        thanks, and how many watts are in my stock system? in the Amp and speakers and radio, anyone know? i dont have the monsoon.

96firebird311 - thanxz for answering some other questions i had in mind.
        <hr></blockquote>

No problem man! If you don't have the monsoon system and you haven't added the sub/amp combo yet, you are running off the head unit alone correct? If so, very few watts. Well under 100. I recommend replacing your door speakers if you haven't already and get a 5 or 6 channel amp to power them and your subwoofer.
        Red 96' A4 Firebird
        Audio Audio and Autotek
        Check it out here!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X