Will these work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will these work?

So i am finishing up my audio system and i need to get some 6 1/2 inch subs for my 2002 camaro cause i have the moonsoon system and i blew the snot out of the stock ones. I want to buy some off ebay and i refuse to buy used, don't ask why, it is just a fact. These are the ONLY ones that i could find...will they work, fit, etc?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...Name=WDVW&rd=1
    If they won't can someone point me in another direction?
    2002 M5 camaro- VTR CAI, custom cat-back exhaust, battery compacitor, pullie, lowering springs, 32mm sway bar, cross-drilled slotted rotars. 1-10\" L7 in cubby.

Pyramid is one of the worst there is. Stay away at all costs.

I suggest dumping the monsoon system all together. You already have the subs and headunit. And looks like your trying to buy new 6x9's too. How about a cheap component set up front and some midranges in the sail panels? Powered off that Rockford amp you were looking at? Or you could probably find a decent 4-channel amp for around $100.
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

I would seriously consider doing what 96firebird311 suggested. The factory Monsoon system is a unique system in which the Monsoon Amp was designed specifically to work only with Monsoon Speakers. In order to achieve the "best" (please note the word best is being used loosely) possible sound you can get out of the Monsoon System, the entire "Monsoon System" (monsoon amp and monsoon speakers) MUST be used together as a whole. By changing the monsoon speakers with aftermarket speakers, many things have now been changed other than just the new speakers themselves. Perhaps there may be some that disagree but I feel using better/aftermarket speakers along with the Monsoon Amp will sound even worse than the Monsoon System in its entirety.

You have come this far in replacing some of the stock gear, you might as well do it right and replace it all like 96firebird311 suggested. We aren't trying to make you spend tons of money but there comes a time where you pretty much have to in order to do things the right way and be happy with the results.
      2006 Tiburon

Comment

Well actually the way that i had my car set up before eveything blew was great. I loved how the monsoon system sounded with a sub and my 6x9s in the rear, and that is the only reason that i hesitate in riping everything out. So i don't see why i would like it less when i take the sonys out and put better 6x9s and take the blown subs out and put in better non blown ones?
        2002 M5 camaro- VTR CAI, custom cat-back exhaust, battery compacitor, pullie, lowering springs, 32mm sway bar, cross-drilled slotted rotars. 1-10\" L7 in cubby.

Comment

the monsoon subs would be better than those pos's

Comment

Kicker makes a 6.5'' sub/mid if I remember right. Pyle is just that, a pyle of sh*t.
            2005 Cavalier LS Sport M5<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615</a>

Comment

i have an audiobahn 4004 4 channel amp brand new never been used still in wrapper if interested need around 100 for it

Comment

4 channel doesn't really help me...i have 6 speakers.

Comment

i am not trying to persuade you but a good idea is maybe get a 4 channel run 4 off the amp and 2 off the deck thats why i am getting rid of mine i am putting a 2 channel amp on my front 2 components and running my midrange off my deck. the deck pushes 200 watts about 88 watts rms.

Comment

or if you must have them off of an amp get an audiobahn 6004

Comment

n/m sorry just get a 6 channel

Comment

Actually any good set of component 6.5's will work much better then the stock monsoons....Im in the process of setting up my system and as of now I have a set of planet audio 6.5 components in the front and they are running off the monsoon amp. the monsoon has a built in crossover so u hook one set of wires to the tweaters and one set to the mids. This produces very decent sound quality. I am adding a 4 channel amp and i would recomend it but if your on a budget just get the best 6.5" component set you can find.
                        99 camaro conv. 18in 100 spoke rims, body kit, ac delco iridiums, taylor 8mm wires, 2 12\' L7 soloberics with 1500 rms. I think im going deaf.<br /><a href=\"http://67.19.33.20:8080/sig/0G%20Car4.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">http://67.19.33.20:8080/sig/0G%20Car4.jpg</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X