system with t-tops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• system with t-tops

i have t-tops. i wanted to get 2 10" subs, so an mtx thunderform is out of the question. has anyone used that box from subthump.com (milhouse i think it's called) where it flips up so you can store your t-tops? seems like a good idea, but i'm not sure how it would look/sound. does anyone here just store the t-tops somewhere else like in the back seat?
    also, can anyone recommend a good 5 ch. amp? i like the directed models, but they're kind of hard to find. thanks
    mcG<br />aim=endlive<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/endlive\" target=\"_blank\">97 firebird</a> ~ wrecked

I put my stereo in long before I put my t-tops in, and I put my tops in the back seat. It seems to work just fine. THat is, until I have more than 1 passenger, but IMO, my car should be a 2 seater anyways.

There's numerous topics about both the Millhouse box and the Stealth box, both of which are good w/ t-tops. Do a search for those 2 topics and you should find a wealth of information.

Welcome to the site! [img]smile.gif[/img]

-Mike
    <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

Everyone seems to love the Milhouse box. As the original Milhouse designer (it's much better now than it was in the first stage) and even then it was hella loud and sounded awesome. The people who have them all seem to love them and to be honest, I haven't heard any complaints regarding the Milhouse. Steve (subthump.com) has been building them for several months and is doing a really great job. Great workmanship on them and great materials as well. As an alternative to the Milhouse box, as mentioned before, you can go with the Stealth box or you can go with a system like mine is which is actually a one of a kind that is up for sale as well. For ease and stealth (not easy to see and doesn't say "Steal me" from your back window) and overall sound though, I'd have to say that the Milhouse is the way to go with t-tops. I'm a little biased though ;) I'm sure that other Milhouse owners will chime in to let you know their opinions as well.

HTH
      [img]smile.gif[/img]
      Mike<br />\'99 Z28 LS1 (383 in the works) M6<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/\" target=\"_blank\">stereo pics</a> Almost sold, the amps are still for sale - make an offer.<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/paypal.html\" target=\"_blank\">Help Mike pay for his engine. Every dollar helps!</a>

Comment

hey milhouse,
        What dvd player and display unit do you have in your car. I was looking at your pictures and they look bad *** . Thanks for the info.
        Jon
        1998 V6 m5<br />ram air mod<br />(the sc is for south carolina not super charged but maybe that will change)<p>\"Thank the Lord for air tools\"

Comment

Millhouse... I have to compliment you on your "oldschool" choice on equipment :D

I have very similar system. I just didn't opt for the expensive monitor/dvd system.

Again, very cool double din setup!!

Steve
          FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
          Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
          Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

Well you mentioned several products that I offer. Even if you wanted to do dual stealthboxes, I can make one for your passenger side. Course you need to take out the spare and jack, so that might not be be an option for you.

You also mentioned putting the t-tops in the back seat. That's exactly what I do with mine because I have a well box for my solobarics. I never regret not having the storage. In fact, I hate to even think about all the extra time it takes to open the hatch and put them in there. Lol I can take mine out and put them in the rear while I'm sitting in the driver's seat.

You also mentioned the milhouse. This box is becoming very popular since it does allow for t-top storage in the factory location. Plus it looks way cool and it sounds amazing too. Hopefully, like drmilhouse stated, maybe an owner or two will chime in. I know I've made a few for members of this board. Feel free to drop me a line too.

Steve
            www.subthump.com

Comment

Thanks for the compliments guys. there's nothing wrong with that "oldschool" stuff for sure. Those amps are still some of the best I've ever dealt with.

The DVD/display is IVA-C800 for the display/headunit/cd player and DVA 5200 for the DVD player. Both are Alpine.
              Mike<br />\'99 Z28 LS1 (383 in the works) M6<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/\" target=\"_blank\">stereo pics</a> Almost sold, the amps are still for sale - make an offer.<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/paypal.html\" target=\"_blank\">Help Mike pay for his engine. Every dollar helps!</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by DrMilhouse:
                Thanks for the compliments guys. there's nothing wrong with that "oldschool" stuff for sure. Those amps are still some of the best I've ever dealt with.

The DVD/display is IVA-C800 for the display/headunit/cd player and DVA 5200 for the DVD player. Both are Alpine.
                <hr></blockquote>

how much bling you want for those?
                -Steve

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X