X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mosfet amps?

how are mosfet amps?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1370310064

this one, in particular. i just want to hook up one sub to this amp, you think this will be good--does the sub have to be 800W, or can i get a less powerful sub and just not supply all 800 watts to it? thx.

[ August 01, 2002: Message edited by: Only4U ]</p>
    2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

MOSFET isn't a brand, it's a term referring to a cooler running amp. From Crutchfield:

"MOSFET
    Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistors have a higher switching speed than bipolar transistors and generate very little heat. MOSFETs offer fast response and high efficiency."

With amps, as it is with most electronics, you get what you pay for.

Comment

mosfet is the name of the amp. its a part of the amp. i forget what it does, but its good to have. they cut off the name of the company in the add. i tried to read it off of the amp, but i couldn't. most likely its a bad amp. especially for 40$. i wouldn't want that anywhere near my electrical system.
      \'96 <b>Quasar Blue</b> Firebird A4<br /><a href=\"http://jamiethekiller@comcast.net\" target=\"_blank\"><i>jamiethekiller@comcast.net</i></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.woodlandrock.com\" target=\"_blank\">my band: woodland</a>

Comment

I agree with both of them, Mosfet is not a brand. Sounds like a bad deal. [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img]
        <b><i>1999 Pewter Trans Am M6 - Stock for now...<br />296.6 RWHP and 310.6 RWTQ</i></b> -<i>SOLD</i><p><i>\"There are vast amounts of money to be made in the sevice of the Lord!\"</i><br /><i>1994 Green Camaro M5 - <b>SOLD</b></i><p><br /><b><i>Associate of VENOM-VI</i></b>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dewey:
          MOSFET isn't a brand, it's a term referring to a cooler running amp. From Crutchfield:

"MOSFET
          Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistors have a higher switching speed than bipolar transistors and generate very little heat. MOSFETs offer fast response and high efficiency."
          <hr></blockquote>

This is correct. A MOSFET is a certian type of transistor that is often used in audio amplification circuits, including car audio, PA, guitar amps, etc.

That amp on eBay looks like a crapper though [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img] I'd stay away from that one, personally.

[ August 03, 2002: Message edited by: MTMike ]</p>
          <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X