stereo system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stereo system

In my camaro i was going to go with the whole pioneer premier how ever i just bought an apline type-R sub and amp should i stick with what i got or should i switch to the alpine???

My advise would be to keep the Alpine sub. You don't want a pioneer sub. Pioneer makes decent HUs, but their amps and subs aren't that great.

Comment

pioneer = poor sq. get you a jbl to push those type r's. you'll be a lot happier
      98 3.8 A4<br />yep it\'s a 6

Comment

Remember he is talking about Pioneer Premier. I have heard a system with Premier subs and amps and it was.... very nice... to say the least. Although, I have to admit that the Type-R's are a tad better sub. It's a tough call but I gonna agree with the other 2 and say stick with Alpine.
        Red 96' A4 Firebird
        Audio Audio and Autotek
        Check it out here!

Comment

DEFINATLY stick with the alpine. I have 2 type R 12"s in my 1999 firebird and a q-logic box with a jbl 600.1 running them. It sounds very good, but I will give ya a litte tip, if you run a pretty good size amp. Get ready for a new altenator. I have been through 3 in 6 months and I have a 1 farad capacitor

Michael
          1999 A4 Black Firebird<br />17 x 9.5 ROH ZS Wheels powdercoated Black<br />Wings West Front GFX, Y87 Sides and Rear<br />2000 SS leather Seats<br />Alpine HU, Kicker Mids and Highs Diamond 12\" subs, JBL600.1 amp, Epicenter<p>\"All Show, NO GO\" :(

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> I have been through 3 in 6 months <hr></blockquote>

wow, that's crazy. why don't you hook your amp to a switch and just turn it off everytime you get out of the car?
            2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by superbird:
              DEFINATLY stick with the alpine. I have 2 type R 12"s in my 1999 firebird and a q-logic box with a jbl 600.1 running them. It sounds very good, but I will give ya a litte tip, if you run a pretty good size amp. Get ready for a new altenator. I have been through 3 in 6 months and I have a 1 farad capacitor<hr></blockquote>

What amp do you have. That is insane. I think there is something else going on there. I have a Fosgate bd1000.1 and a 800.4 . I've had that set-up for almost 2 years and haven't had to replace the alternator once.
              Red 96' A4 Firebird
              Audio Audio and Autotek
              Check it out here!

Comment

Only 4U . I have my amps set up to when they go off when the car is off. It's called a remote wire.

96firebird311

I know it really bothers me, but the stock alt is only 105 amps. and here is the situation. I killed the first factory alt with a phoenix gold XS2500 and no capacitor, then i got a new alt and installed a jbl600.1 mono class d amp and the alpine v-12 to run mids and highs. I also installed a lightning audio 1 farad cap. That alt worked for like a month . replaced it under warantty, and the one they gave me only lasted 5 days. It was remaufactured, must have been a dud.

So now the current one has lasted 1 month 22days and a couple of hours. but it still struggles to make power under a full load with the a/c running and the car at idle. I am probably gonna upgrade soon to a stronger alt at idle

Michael
                1999 A4 Black Firebird<br />17 x 9.5 ROH ZS Wheels powdercoated Black<br />Wings West Front GFX, Y87 Sides and Rear<br />2000 SS leather Seats<br />Alpine HU, Kicker Mids and Highs Diamond 12\" subs, JBL600.1 amp, Epicenter<p>\"All Show, NO GO\" :(

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by superbird:
                  then i got a new alt and installed a jbl600.1 mono class d amp and the alpine v-12 to run mids and highs. I also installed a lightning audio 1 farad cap. That alt worked for like a month . replaced it under warantty, and the one they gave me only lasted 5 days. It was remaufactured, must have been a dud. <hr></blockquote>

There is something else happening. Maybe a short in the electrical system. Check all wiring from the alt. and make sure none of them are fray and touching a ground. To kill a 105 amp alt. with a 600.1 and V12 is unbelievable!
                  Red 96' A4 Firebird
                  Audio Audio and Autotek
                  Check it out here!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X