front speakers and 4 wires...wtf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front speakers and 4 wires...wtf?

ok, i'm getting new speakers for the front of my car and i noticed that the stock speakers are a little weird--they've got four wires instead of two running to them. so how will i set up the new speakers to these four wires? any help would be greatly appreciated. thx.
    2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

one set is for the tweets and one is for the mid/sub. there might be a x-over before these wires, in that case you'll need to get to the wires before the x-over. what i did on mine was disconnect the x-overs, and just put those two sets together. probably not the right way to do it but it sounds pretty good.

Comment

but there are no tweets...there are just the two floor speakers, or are the tweets in the middle of the speaker? well the ones i'm getting have the tweets in the middle...so can i just take the little adapter that hooks on to the stock speakers and hook them up the same on the new speakers or do i need to do the little crossover thingy? thx.

Comment

The tweets are in the center of the speaker. Both sets of wires come up from the factory amplifier (directly and with out a crossover from the best of what I can tell). If you're replacing the speakers, you probably have already replaced the head unit. In either case, you can just wire up the speakers directly to the head unit (or aftermarket amp).

HTH

I forgot the colors for each set, I just had them off yesterday for someone else's car, I should have made better notes on that for you guys.
        Mike<br />\'99 Z28 LS1 (383 in the works) M6<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/\" target=\"_blank\">stereo pics</a> Almost sold, the amps are still for sale - make an offer.<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/paypal.html\" target=\"_blank\">Help Mike pay for his engine. Every dollar helps!</a>

Comment

but i just want to hook up the speakers like the stock ones are hooked up because i want them hooked up to the stock amp. is it just possible to take the adapter off of the stock speakers and put it on the aftermarket speakers and then hook it up like stock?

btw, this look at little suspicious?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1847965500

and can you buy one channel amps or do they have to be two channel? and if you get a two channel, can you hook both channels to one sub or can you hook it up to where the sub gets all the power than the amp is displacing?

[ August 01, 2002: Message edited by: Only4U ]</p>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X