converting manual windows to power.... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

converting manual windows to power....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• converting manual windows to power....

has anyone done this? how much did it cost?
    i want to do this because i absolutely HATE manual windows....
    would it be cheaper to go to the dealership or after-market? or myself?

thx
    <b>*§*Julian*§*</b><br />*~*~*~<br />2000 Grand Prix GTP -Daytona 500 Edition (only 2000 made) - Supercharged 3.8L V6<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 A4 Firebird w/ W68 package, Y87, T-TOPS!<br /><br /><a href=\"http://myweb.usf.edu/~jadidona/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">MY SITE - CHECK IT!</a>

I think you should go buy two doors with the power accessories in them. It will be one heck of a project to tear down the whole door, and install new power switches along with drilling holes inside the doors for your hotwires. Not only that, but if you use your old door panels after installing the power unit(s), you'll have a noticeable hole where the old window crank used to be. It's probably cheaper to go get a set of used doors somewhere.
    ...Just my opinion. Hopefully someone here can give you better advice to save you a buck or two.
    -Marc
    sigpic

Comment

http://www.camarov6.com/ubb/ultimate...c&f=1&t=005173
      Bruce<br />2000 Silver 3.8L V6 Camaro M5<br />183.1 rwhp / 220.5 rwtq

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SuprSpdDB7:
        has anyone done this? how much did it cost?
        i want to do this because i absolutely HATE manual windows....
        would it be cheaper to go to the dealership or after-market? or myself?

thx
        <hr></blockquote>

I am third owner of a '95 Camaro that had retro power windows installed by a previous owner.

Therefore, I cannot tell you cost, but whoever installed them did a good job. The switches are internally lit and look good. I imagine it WAS a job to install them

The motors don't have a lot of power and while they never lock up tight, they do take some manipulation, sometimes, to get the buggers up and down.

Overall, it is a better experience than manuals and I find them, at the least, adequate, at best, they are O.K.
        \'95 Camaro 3.4 Low miles!<br />T-tops, Just Black.

Comment

uhhhhh i hate manual windows, all i did was power locks, no swithes just alarm, so when i get in the car the doors lock auto, and when i turn it off it opens and when i hit the alarm, thats all everything plus installation 50 bucks

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X