Will this work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this work?

Alright, so I'm getting my pay check on wed. for like $600 that I'm gonna blow on my system, then next pay check should be around $800... where I can finish my system... but with my first I'm going to get:

$200 - 2 Adire Audio Shive 12" subs
    $300- Box from subthump

next pay check will have:

$225 Kenwood AM/FM/CDRW/MP3 KDC-MPV7019 NEW 2002 or a Pioneer DEH-P8400MP
    $189 - PLANET AUDIO P300.2S MOSFET 2-CHANNEL 600 WATTS AMPLIFIER

Now how do you think that'll sound? Also, if I become cheap, and don't change my HU right away (I might get an exhaust)... can it all still work? Adding subs and all that is. Any suggestions? like "don't get those ___ get these"... just think that might be the best bang for buck. Thanks in advance...
    2002 Silver Metallic A4 Firebird - All Options
    Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

maybe i'm outta the loop, i've never heard adire audio anything. that should sound pretty good, but you won't be breaking any spl records with it.

Comment

adire audio subs are amazing :D

anyway, as to your question, you can use your stock head unit, but you'd need a line level adapter to change the speaker wires from the headunit into rca's to attach to the amp.

partsexpress.com has one for like 20 bucks i think.

my recomendation is to do it all at once tho.

zack

Comment

go do a search for soundstream and buy a pair of spl mules there able to be put into a little box and pound. Heres a link to the specs.
        http://www.soundstream.com/eye_test.html

Comment

Actually, Shivas are awesome subs for what they cost. They play insanely loud. I've built for them before. Stick with those IMO.

Comment

I would choose a different amp. JBL if you're on a budget, JL Audio if you want a good one.

Comment

so none of you guys really like the soundstream or is it because of the cost of them.

Comment

Soundstream amps are awsome. Almost everything they make is near perfect. I have four in my system now.

I've heard the JL's and I'm impressed, but as far as bang for the buck, Soundstream is slightly better.

-Brian
                Maroon 1995 Camaro<br />No mods yet...<br />Lucky to have found this site!

Comment

Thanks, yeah I guess I'd go with soundstream then... where do you think I should put the terminals on the the box? What's the easiest way to run this whole shindig?
                  Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

haha, my sheltered life in iowa is finally showing. at the only local car audio place in this town they only carry kicker mtx and planet audio subs/amps. pretty much everyone around here says that alpine and infinity is the only way to go, and that's what we all have (except for people goin for spl-l7s).

anyway, wiring firebirds is about the easiest thing to do. there's a nice hole in the firewall behind the ecm, the gray box on the passenger side (there's a small rubber garmet covering it). just run the wires back and put the amp on the rear deck or under a seat if it's small enough... or wherever you want. i'd just put the terminal somewhere out of view.

Comment

How much is installation you think for a system like this?

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

installation is a lot more than it's worth. unless you don't mind throwin a little money away, just do it yourself.

Comment

Great choice on the subs. All the other stuff looks good too. The only thing that I might re-think would be the amp.
                          <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by TransNot:
                          installation is a lot more than it's worth. unless you don't mind throwin a little money away, just do it yourself.<hr></blockquote>

Agreed.
                          Red 96' A4 Firebird
                          Audio Audio and Autotek
                          Check it out here!

Comment

the pioneer head unit is REALLY nice, (if u like that color) i was going to get it for my car but the silverish color wouldn't have blended in in my camaro...

also, u mentioned KENWOOD... i am not to knowledgeble about the 7019

but I am buying the KDC-X959... i LOVE it!
                            <b>*§*Julian*§*</b><br />*~*~*~<br />2000 Grand Prix GTP -Daytona 500 Edition (only 2000 made) - Supercharged 3.8L V6<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 A4 Firebird w/ W68 package, Y87, T-TOPS!<br /><br /><a href=\"http://myweb.usf.edu/~jadidona/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">MY SITE - CHECK IT!</a>

Comment

Where can you buy the Adire subs? I've heard nothing but rave reviews about them. Also, what's the RMS power handling on one of the Shivas?

[ July 31, 2002: Message edited by: Birdie2000 ]</p>
                              <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/byoonull\" target=\"_blank\">My Old Car - 2000 Silver V6 Bird</a><br /><br />The replacement-<br />94 Firebird Formula - 383, TH400, and a big blower<br /> <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/fastblackcar94\" target=\"_blank\">http://community.webshots.com/user/fastblackcar94</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X