Tweeters in Kick Panels or Dash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tweeters in Kick Panels or Dash?

I've heard in the past that kick panels are the best place for tweeters. I know that this is for imaging purposes, but then you have the speakers so low. I have mine in the kick panels, and although they image well, I think they might be better up on the dash either firing at the windwhield or aimed in an x formation. (as in front left points to back right of car, front right points to back left of car) I don't want to cut my doors, so I would move the tweets to the dash if any place.

How many people have theirs in the kicks, dash, or doors? and why do you prefer that spot?
    2002 Navy Blue Metallic 3.8 Camaro M5 - Y87, Sport Appearance, T-Tops<br />SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, Pro 5.0<br />Dynomax Super Turbo, 2.75 I-Pipe, Fasttoys Quad Tips<br />Kenwood KDC-MP919, Kicker IX405D, Focal Polykevlar 165K2s, JL Audio 10w3-2 Stealthbox

I have my tweets located on the dash next to the pillar. They sound pretty decent and can hear them pretty well at all volumes. Also mine are a flush mount so they r firing straight up into the windshield.
    94 Firebird 3.4 M5 t-top<br />mods: 3.4 aluminum block, big block hood,custom ram air,cat back exhaust,3 JL 10 inch W0 with a 1200 wat legacy amp, legacy 6 1/2 componet set , pioneer 3 way 6 1/2 ,pioneer 730 wat amp.

Comment

Your best bet is to try moving the tweeter around and listen to the results. You don't have to drill holes, just sit the tweeter at the spots you are considering. Different component sets respond differently to placement. Even when kept in the kickpanels, different speakers need to be mounted at different angles to optimise results. Just move them around a lot and see which you like. And if you drive alot with a passenger, get someone to sit in the car with you so you get a more accurate feel for what it will sound like.

Comment

I put mine on the triangles that are on the door(s). They are located on the inside of the door just opposite of the outside rear view mirrors. Good loction too, they sound nice there.
        -Marc
        sigpic

Comment

http://eyeoutthere.tripod.com/stereo.htm

[ July 29, 2002: Message edited by: EyeOutThere ]</p>
          <b>LS1 RX7! </b> &#0124;&#0124; <a href=\"http://www.no-bling.com/image_galleries/index.php?action=viewgallery&gallery=galleries/eyeoutthere_LS1_FC\" target=\"_blank\">Full Gallery</a> <br /><br />LT1 Header Informtion/survey

Comment

I have mine in the trim piece that runs along the roof of the car, up by the windsheild. They are flush mounted and on a swivel. I have them angled so they make the " X " formation you mentioned. I personally am very happy with them them way.
            <blockquote>quote:</font><hr> http://eyeoutthere.tripod.com/stereo.htm <hr></blockquote>
            Hey Eyeoutthere!! I like your door panels! Door you think they would fit a 96'? I would love to have those. Where could I pick a set up? Also, how do you like you 180 amp alt.? How much does it put out at idle? How much did you pay and where did you get it? K, hope that wasn't too many questions... hehehehe Thank You!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
            Red 96' A4 Firebird
            Audio Audio and Autotek
            Check it out here!

Comment

there is a guy selling a 180 amp alternator on ebay that fits in the stock location. its 109 + 15 shipping or something.

search camaro alternator

zack

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by black cali v6:
                there is a guy selling a 180 amp alternator on ebay that fits in the stock location. its 109 + 15 shipping or something.

search camaro alternator

zack
                <hr></blockquote>

Yeah, is it from Mr. Alternator? I bought one of Ebay that said it did like 180 amps. Yeah, it did... but only at like 3k RPM's . And it put out like between 6 and 7 amps at idle!!! So yeah, it was a waste of money. I'm looking for a H/O alt. that has a high output at idle. I know not 160 or 180 at idle but higher than stock.
                Red 96' A4 Firebird
                Audio Audio and Autotek
                Check it out here!

Comment

The one's on eBay are 160amp and are said to put out 75amps at idle.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 96firebird311:
                    I have mine in the trim piece that runs along the roof of the car, up by the windsheild. They are flush mounted and on a swivel. I have them angled so they make the " X " formation you mentioned. I personally am very happy with them them way.

Hey Eyeoutthere!! I like your door panels! Door you think they would fit a 96'? I would love to have those. Where could I pick a set up? Also, how do you like you 180 amp alt.? How much does it put out at idle? How much did you pay and where did you get it? K, hope that wasn't too many questions... hehehehe Thank You!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
                    <hr></blockquote>

Most firebirds and T/A's have those door panels. Do a search; there were a bunch of Camaro guys wondering if the door panels would fit on a Camaro. I can't remember if anyone ever tried it. I think the discussion was in the appearance section.

You could probably get a set at a Salvage yard:
                    http://www.speedautomotive.com has used parts.
                    http://www.tacreationsusa.com/ also has used parts.
                    http://www.billygrahamsfirebird.com/ is another site with used parts.

The alternator was for my 3.4L. I bought it on e-bay. I wasn't anything more than a normal alternator rewound to make more amps a higher rpm’s, but a little less at idle. I had one on for about a year when it died. I took it off, put the stock one back on, and sent the busted one back for replacement. So now I have a new one in my garage if anyone wants it.
                    <b>LS1 RX7! </b> &#0124;&#0124; <a href=\"http://www.no-bling.com/image_galleries/index.php?action=viewgallery&gallery=galleries/eyeoutthere_LS1_FC\" target=\"_blank\">Full Gallery</a> <br /><br />LT1 Header Informtion/survey

Comment

The alternator was for my 3.4L. I bought it on e-bay. I wasn't anything more than a normal alternator rewound to make more amps a higher rpm’s, but a little less at idle. I had one on for about a year when it died. I took it off, put the stock one back on, and sent the busted one back for replacement. So now I have a new one in my garage if anyone wants it.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Hey how much do you want for it email me bongo46@yahoo.com
                      My new ride 2000 camaro, No mods yet still waiting for warranty to run out then all out heads, cam, and supercharger

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X