sun/heat damage??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sun/heat damage??

i have two jl w3s in my back window in a custom box. And it has been very hot here lately and the other day my subs were on bu tnot even that high and they started making a wierd noise! so i checked it out and the foam part that surrounds the sub had came apart from the plastic of the sub! i think that its probably form the heat. im going to see if the place i bought it from will take care of it, but if not any suggestions?

I had the SAME thing happen here in Houston, TX. THe speaker came apart from the Rubber circle thing, as a result of acouple years of heat. Luckly i bought a 5 yrs warranty on them, when i took then back, the stereo guy said "DAMN you must have a serious set up to do this damage "...lol, but i am sure it was from the heat. Anyways they replaced it noo problem, if you have no warranty, then there are some silicons that you can try, but the name slips my mind.

Hope this helps!
    Johnny M. <br />Black 95 3.8l CAMARO A4<br />Enough mods.....for now, hehehe!<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/jpmabasa\" target=\"_blank\">My RIDE</a><br />\"I promise, it IS a v6!\"

Comment

if one JL dealer wont do it, a diff one will
      call JL to find local ones
      also, make sure u have a serial # and receipt.
      -Steve

Comment

took it in today, they replaced the sub with the damage for free but the problem is that is is new and shiny and my old one thats still there is faded and the the outer ring is redesigned on the new one! lol

Comment

this isn't morally right, but break the other one and kill both birds with 1 stone. They should replace it if it looks like the same thing happened to both. [img]graemlins/evilgrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X