HELP PLEASE!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP PLEASE!!

I GOT A NEW JVC SH-707 MP3 CD RECEIVER FROM EBAY TODAY, I HAVE A 95 Firebird v6 with 8 speakers package... i went to best buy/circuit city to check out how much they charge me to install it... damn,,,, [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img] They said $50 installation, $50 parts, plus another $50 for the special parts to bypass my factory amp... holy s**** that's $150 plus tax... what do you guys think???? Please help... or i can do it on my own...
    THANKS!!!!
    TECHNOBETSY

yeah, you can do it for cheaper. www.tune-town.com should have the parts you need, i.e. wiring harness and faceplace kit.

Comment

Thanks man for the reply... but I still have the question, do i have to buy a Factory interface/bypass???
      TECHNOBETSY

Comment

sorry, my car has the premiumsound package, probably...
        TECHNOBETSY

Comment

is that the bose system? if it is you're in for a tough time... the bose system is all 1 ohm, and you will have to bypass that amp if that's what you've got. you should be able to get the parts from any car audio shop or even wal-mart for 20 bucks, not sure about the amp bypass parts though. it's gonna be a fun couple of hours for ya :D

Comment

The $50 for parts seems high. The harness and mounting kit should each be around $10-15 each. I don't think you need something else to mount it. You may need an antenna adapter as well. I don't know what the going rate for an install is, but I wouldn't pay anywhere near $50 for it. And certainly not from a BestBuy/Circuit City install bay.

Comment

DAMN...I dont know what to do... should i replace the whole thing??? Get a new Amp??? I have the Power antena... anybody there has 3.4 firebird please help if you have a aftermarket system.
              THe one i have is not BOSE. probably Monsoon??? or AC DElco... not really sure.

Thanks

[ July 24, 2002: Message edited by: maxmsu ]</p>
              TECHNOBETSY

Comment

if it's the bose system, redo the whole thing. i just put a pair of alpine r series 6 1/2s in the doors last night, and they look nice. just make sure you take your time and do everything right the first time so you don't have to do it again.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                  Little work today
                  by ssms5411
                  Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                  2 weeks ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                  02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X