Your opinion is needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your opinion is needed

So I want a lot of thump for not alot of money. I can buy a 800w rms Power Acoustik 2-ch amp and a 10" Audiobahn alum10q 800w rms sub for only $300 total. I already have a 10" Q-logic sub box with 1.0ft cubic space. Please let me know what you guys think. Will it sound good or not?

Sounds like you'll have plenty of power for the 10" sub so I'm sure it will sound decent. However, one 10" sub has limits. If you want the bass to hit really hard,"thump", able to be heard from blocks away, then one 10" sub may not be enough woofer for you. You may want to step up to a twelve or get two twelves.

I plan on running one 10" sub but I'm not looking for total bass output.
    2006 Tiburon

Comment

not the clearest thing by any means but it will thump pretty good.
      2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

For the guys who know their wiring...this is a dual 6 ohm sub. I'm no wiring guru with ohms and such, so can someone check for him if he can use that amp with this sub.
        Eclipse 8443, CDT ES-620s in doors (Clarion APX401.2), IEK, CDT 6X in rear(HU), Image Dynamics ID10v.3D.4 in stealthbox(Clarion DPX1001.2)<br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/larryfirebird33\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.sounddomain.com/id/larryfirebird33</a><br />borla cat-back, FTRA, whisper lid

Comment

Originally posted by LARRYfireBIRD33:
          so can someone check for him if he can use that amp with this sub.
          I don't know much about that amp, but nearly all amps are only stable to 4 ohms when running in bridged mode. You can't get a 4 ohm load with a single dual 6 ohm sub. 3 ohms and 12 ohms are your options. The Alum10q's were built to run in trio's.
          Red 96' A4 Firebird
          Audio Audio and Autotek
          Check it out here!

Comment

If both coils were wired in parallel it would be a 3-ohm load. If both coils wired in series it would be a 12-ohm load. Most amps will only work safely at 4-ohms when bridged so if you try to drive the 10Q wired in the 3-ohm configuration, it could overheat the amp. I don't know much about Acoustik amps to know if it could handle a load like that. Unless you have a special mono amp, I personally wouldn't mess with that setup.
            2006 Tiburon

Comment

where were you planning on putting this?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X