4 those with XM or Sirius:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 those with XM or Sirius:

My Sony CD HeadUnit is XM ready. Is the kit self-installable, and how hard is it?
    Also, once the kit is installed, can I still get my local radio stations?

Thanx,
    Marc
    sigpic

I assume you're reffereing to Sony's satellite radio tuner and an xm-antenna as the "kit"? Sony's XT-XM1 radio tuner plugs directly into the back of your Sony head unit.

From what it looks like, installation should be fairly straight forward. Just a matter of running the wires from your head unit to the tunner (and running the antenna wire to the tunner). I'm not sure if you have to supply power to the tuner but all the wiring should simply plug in. Need to find a place to mount the tuner (under the dash or it may fit behind one of the kick panels). Still should be able to listen to regular am/fm radio stations I would think.
    2006 Tiburon

Comment

I have a kenwood that is sirius ready. I bought the kit and installed it in 20 minutes. All I had 2 do was run the connecting cable from the head unit to the tuner then mount the antenna and hook it up to the tuner. Just 2 wires. It actually took me longer to call sirius and activate it than it did to install it.

Comment

Yeah, I think that my sony says "XM Ready". I'll get on their site and see what I can find.

Thanx for the replies,
        Me...
        sigpic

Comment

For the Sirus/XM ready decks all you have to do is plug the DIN cable/IP Bus Cable from the satellite tuner to the back of the deck and plug the sat antenna in. Im not sure if the XM requires a seperate power plug for the tuner.
          1990 Firebird 3.1 T-Tops<br />Flowmaster exhaust<br />Kenwood MP 825 Deck<br />4\" Rockfords w/ tweet in dash plate<br />3 Way 6x9 Rockords in rear sails<br />1970 Camaro 350

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X