DEI Alarm GM interface???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEI Alarm GM interface???

So I'm gonna get an alarm/remote start pretty soon... proly a viper 790/791xv with the lcd... anyways, I was wondering if anyone knew which model numbers/brand I needed for the interface... you know, the module that bipasses the security chip in the key in order to install an aftermarket alarm... if anyone could point a few out on e-bay or anything that'd be great... has to be DEI
    97 camaro<br />2 Kicker S12 L5\'s in custom well box<br />MTX 1501D<br />2 Farad Digital Cap<br />Pioneer deh-p640<br />CDT CL-61A<br />Infinity fills<br />(adding another amp and CDT fills soon!)

?? I have an Excaliber alarm and I didn't need any interface to bipass the chip?
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

Not sure about excaliber, but I know you need the interface for DEI alarms with remote start ... remote start being the key part...anyways, basically they just provide the proper resistance to the factory anti-theft (chip in the key) so that it can still function when a alarm with remote start is installed... without it its possible the factory anti-theft will be useless!
      97 camaro<br />2 Kicker S12 L5\'s in custom well box<br />MTX 1501D<br />2 Farad Digital Cap<br />Pioneer deh-p640<br />CDT CL-61A<br />Infinity fills<br />(adding another amp and CDT fills soon!)

Comment

hey man i was going to get the alarm you have with the lcd screen but the installer reccomend that i dont.

Due to the fact that their very sensetive and tend to break down easily. And a replacement is 100 or so and it only comes with 1 remote.

Comment

huh thats weird... one of my roomates is an installer at circuit city (and best buy before that) and he swears by it.... supposedly nothing else in that price range that even comes close... I think his words were something like "there's a reason 80% of all shops (installation) carry mostly/only DEI alarms"... anyways, anyone know the interface I'm talking about???

Comment

If its a VATS system then you just need to check the chip in the key's resistance. then get a resistor that matches it, you will need to cut one of the vats wires under the dash and wire it to a relay and splice the resistor into the other vats wire then wire that to the relay. if you check out www.the12volt.com they have a VATS wiring schematic.

If its like a immobilizer system you will need a dei bypass module like the 555l or 555t

There is a DEI Module that you can hook up on a VATS system that holds all 13 Vats resistor values, you just have to select the right one.

[ April 09, 2004, 12:16 AM: Message edited by: Javelin3o4 ]
            1990 Firebird 3.1 T-Tops<br />Flowmaster exhaust<br />Kenwood MP 825 Deck<br />4\" Rockfords w/ tweet in dash plate<br />3 Way 6x9 Rockords in rear sails<br />1970 Camaro 350

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X