running power cable thru the a-pillar and headliner - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

running power cable thru the a-pillar and headliner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running power cable thru the a-pillar and headliner

i just did this, was easier than i thought it would be, just took alot of pulling/prying.

anyone else run their power cable this way? its 4 guage btw, i dont think anything thicker would fit, getting 4 in there was really tight.

pretty much its run from below the glovebox up the A pillar(had to remove the flat plastic dash panel), then up the headliner on the passenger side. I dropped the cable down above the back seat speakers, then ran it into the area with the spare tire. Not too much work.

was curious who else has theirs like that?

zack

seems a lot harder than what I had to do, not to mention, mine fits easily
    I came in right by the pcm, behind the kick panels, along the lower side, up into the rear
    -Steve

Comment

I think you would use more cable this way too.

Comment

somebody already ran my rcas there and i didnt want to rerun them

zack

Comment

I did this - man what a mess when I took out the t tops. :D J/K
          I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
          CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
          FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

how do you run the wires by the pcm, if you have some pics please show me
            1998 green camaro, bear rotors.<br />It\'s not how much money you have, It\'s how many toys you have.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SecretAgent420:
              how do you run the wires by the pcm, if you have some pics please show me<hr></blockquote>

Ok, open your hood. On the left side, all the way at the top, you'll see the PCM. A small rectangle held in by two screws. Remove the screws and un wedge the PCM. If you peak down in there you will see a rubber grommit with a few wires going through it. Run your power wire from the battery TO A FUSE and then through this rubber grommit. It will come out right by the glove box. From there you can run it under the carpet and to the rear of the car.
              Red 96' A4 Firebird
              Audio Audio and Autotek
              Check it out here!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X